This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
Practical accelerated testing, otherwise known as environmental stress screening, is becoming a popular industry alternative to on-going product reliability engineering. By simulating component weaknesses and failures in an accelerated test chamber, failures that appear later in the product's life in real time are exposed during the design phase. With emphasis on halt (highly accelerated life testing) and hass (highly accelerated stress screening), this book describes environmental stress simulation techniques applied in the design phase in order to force such accelerated process and design maturity.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
"If you are interested in highly accelerated tests and screening methods this book is a must..." -- Quality & Reliability Engineering Intl, Vol 16, 2000From the Back Cover:
Accelerated Reliability Engineering Halt and Hass Gregg K. Hobbs Hobbs Engineering Corporation, Westminster, Colorado, USA Accelerated reliability engineering is becoming a popular industry alternative to on-going product quality testing. Highly Accelerated Life Tests (HALT) and Highly Accelerated Stress Screens (HASS) are intensive methods which use stresses higher than the field environments to expose and then improve design and process weaknesses. HALT and HASS offer faster, cheaper and more accurate results than traditional reliability testing techniques. This book provides comprehensive coverage of the methods and philosophy behind this successful approach. Production managers will appreciate the time-saving and cost-effective testing techniques described. Design engineers involved in quality assurance and students of reliability engineering will benefit from this unique resource detailing the technical aspects of accelerated reliability engineering. Features Include:
* Coverage of the physics of failure and useful testing equipment enabling those new to the area to grasp the concepts behind HALT and HASS
* Overview of the HALT technique demonstrating how to find design and process defects quickly using accelerated stress methodology during the design phase of the project
* Examination of detection screens and modulated excitation used to detect flaws exposed in HALT
* Description of how to set up a HASS profile and how to minimize costs whilst retaining efficiency
* Applications of HALT and HASS and analysis of common mistakes highlighting the pitfalls to avoid when implementing the methods
Wiley Series in Ouality and Reliability Engineering Visit Or Web Page! http://www.wiley.com/
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Condition: New. New. Seller Inventory # E-047197966x
Book Description Condition: New. New. Seller Inventory # EX-047197966x
Book Description Condition: New. New. Seller Inventory # SX-9780471979661