Every major floriculture crop is discussed in detail in Introduction to Floriculture, Second Edition. The information presented can be used as guidelines for the production of these crops. Divided into two sections on miscellaneous cut flowers and other flowering potted plants, this newly revised edition updates and expands on the existing information from the first edition and contains two completely new chapters on specialty cut flowers and geraniums. This book will be an invaluable source of information for the student as well as the commercial grower.
* Surveys every major commercial floriculture crop in detail
* Covers history, taxonomy, economics, propagation, general culture, disease and insect problems, physiological disorders, and marketing in each chapter
* Highlights culture procedures that:
* Result in the production of high-quality floriculture crops
* Reduce the need for pesticide applications
* Decrease greenhouse water runoff problems
* Increase the longevity of the various crops for the consumer
* Presents the latest information that can be used as guidelines for the commercial production of crops
* Discusses response of specific crops to management practices such as temperature and daylength manipulation, use of growth regulators, and hypobaric storage
* Written by 25 recognized floriculture crop experts
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
"The book is splendidly produced, represents good value for money, and brings together much up-to-date practical information and scientific expertise. It will be a valuable source of reference for flower growers, students and all associated with the trade, as well as being useful for plant pathologists and advisers. I am bound to say I will feel more confident with this book at hand, when next confronted by a sickly potted plant, than was hitherto the case."
"It is a solid review of the major florist crops produced today."
"The Second Edition provides a useful, up-to-date source of information on the commercial production of flower crops."
--BIOLOGICAL JOURNAL OF THE LINNEAN SOCIETY
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Book Condition: Brand New. Book Condition: Brand New. Bookseller Inventory # 97801243765191.0
Book Description Academic Press, 1992. Book Condition: New. Brand New, Unread Copy in Perfect Condition. A+ Customer Service!. Bookseller Inventory # ABE_book_new_0124376517
Book Description Academic Press, 1992. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # P110124376517
Book Description Academic Press, 1992. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. 2. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0124376517
Book Description Academic Press, 1992. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 0124376517
Book Description Book Condition: New. New. Soft Cover International edition. Different ISBN and Cover image but contents are same as US edition.Perfect condition. Ship by express service to USA, Canada, Australia, France, Italy, UK, Germany and Netherland. Customer satisfaction our priority. Bookseller Inventory # ABE-190516-143348
Book Description Book Condition: Brand New. New. Soft Cover International edition. Different ISBN and Cover image but contents are same as US edition. Customer Satisfaction guaranteed!!. Bookseller Inventory # SHAK143348
Book Description Paperback. Book Condition: New. New Softcover International Edition, Printed in Black and White, Only USPS Media mail Shipping ONLY, Different ISBN, Same Content As US edition, Book Cover may be Different, in English Language. Bookseller Inventory # 25291