Basic Engineering Circuit Analysis
Irwin′s Basic Engineering Circuit Analysis has built a solidreputation for its highly accessible presentation, clearexplanations, and extensive array of helpful learning aids. Now ina new Eighth Edition, this highly–accessible book has beenfine–tuned and revised, making it more effective and even easier touse. It covers such topics as resistive circuits, nodal and loopanalysis techniques, capacitance and inductance, AC steady–stateanalysis, polyphase circuits, the Laplace transform, two–portnetworks, and much more.
For over twenty years, Irwin has provided readers with astraightforward examination of the basics of circuit analysis,including:
- Using real–world examples to demonstrate the usefulness of thematerial.
- Integrating MATLAB throughout the book and includes specialicons to identify sections where CAD tools are used anddiscussed.
- Offering expanded and redesigned Problem–Solving Strategiessections to improve clarity.
- A new chapter on Op–Amps that gives readers a deeperexplanation of theory.
- A revised pedagogical structure to enhance learning.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
From the Back Cover
Over the last two decades, Irwin′s BASIC ENGINEERING CIRCUIT ANALYSIS has built a solid reputation for its highly accessible presentation, clear explanations, and extensive array of helpful learning aids. No other circuits text does a better job of removing resistances that stand between you and a successful first course in circuits analysis!
Now in a new Seventh Edition – and itst first Wiley edition – this student–frirendly text has been fine tuned and revised, making it more effective and even easier to use. New features includes:
- New and revised pedagogy. The author and Wiley′s editors have completely reworked the text′s pedagogical structure to enhance your understanding of the material.
- A Learning Styles Survey to help you determine your individual learning style and effectively use the various learning aids within the text and supplements.
- Real–world problems. Many new example problems address practical design issues and applications, and a remarkable variety of end–of–chapter problems range from basic to advanced.
- Superior coverage of MATLAB. MATLAB is completely integrated throughout the text and the Student Study Guide. Special icons identify sections where CAD tools are used and discussed.
- The Problem Solving Companion features carefully selected problems for every chapter with every step and solution worked out in great detail. Available online at www.wiley.com/college/irwin.
- Student Study Guide with CD–ROM (0–471–03492–4) includes a variety of study tools, such as PSPICE, MATLAB, Microsoft Excel, and Electronics Workbench simulations. The accompanying CD–ROM includes circuit simulations and five easy–to–use video segments demonstrating PSPICE.
- Circuit Works. Access to this circuits simulator is included free with each new copy. Confused by resistors, capacitors, and op–amps? This tool will help you learn the principles and relationships that underlie first– and second–order circuits. Ace your course with Irwin and Circuit Works!
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.