What can you sell with AbeBooks?
How it Works
Frequently Asked Questions
More about fees, charges, and payments
More about Rates & Speeds
- Your contact information including the name of your business, a phone number, an address, and an email address.
- Your credit card (for subscription fees)
- Your bank information (to receive payments)
- Your tax information (eg EIN, SSN, VAT, or GST)
- A description of your business and the types of product you will offer.
More about becoming an AbeBooks seller
- Our Online Inventory Management System, ideal for sellers with only a few items to list
- HomeBase, AbeBooks free inventory management software, with complete technical support for registered sellers
- BookTrakker, BookHound, Art of Books, Monsoon, and other third-party inventory management systems
- Directly from your custom spreadsheet or database program
More about API and FTPS options for large volume sellers
Selling on Abebooks
When you sell books online you do more than just ship an inanimate object across the country or the ocean. The customer on the other end may be returning to a fond childhood memory, earning a PhD, reuniting with an old friend, or remembering a loved one. From used books to rare books, old books to textbooks, AbeBooks gives you the ability to sell all types of books online. You can also take advantage of cross-channel purchasing and sell collectibles such as art, ephemera, maps, and comics on AbeBooks.
Founded in 1995, AbeBooks is an ecommerce pioneer with an established base of millions of customers. Whether you prefer typing out in-depth descriptions one at a time or using a barcode scanner to list items on AbeBooks, the services we provide, along with our exceptional Customer Support team, will help you optimize your online business.
As a seller on AbeBooks, you have myriad options to delight customers including the ability to offer free shipping, participate in our monthly sales, connect directly to discuss details, and provide your own descriptions and listing images.
If you have a few books to sell, including textbooks, learn more about our buyback service.
Sign up today for an AbeBooks account.