1568364938 BRAND-NEW, Unread Copy in Perfect Condition. FAST FedEx shipping (you'll receive your order within 1-5 business days after shipping in most cases*), this helps to ensure your order arrives in perfect condition. PLEASE NOTE: FedEx does not generally deliver to PO Boxes or APO addresses, so please be sure to give us a physical street address to deliver to; also, unfortunately, we cannot ship this item to Alaska or Hawaii. THANKS! *(this applies to domestic shipments within the continental US - other destinations may take longer). Bookseller Inventory #
Synopsis: Classical elegance. Loose-fitting comfort. Versatility. Functional design. These are just some of the reasons why traditional Japanese clothes have captured the imagination of modern fashion designers and stylish dressers around the world.
Making Japanese clothes is surprisingly simple. Patterns consist of virtually all straight lines, and the non-body-conforming shapes require no darts, buttonholes, or zippers.
Here, in this creative sourcebook, is all the information you need to sew authentic Japanese clothes or to design your own Japan-inspired fashions:
· Step-by-step instructions for making 14 select traditional garments, from the luxurious wedding rove and the classic kimono to the informal hanten jacket and practical field pants
· Detailed patterns that can be adjusted to fit any size
· An introduction to the basic building blockssleeve shapes, collars, hems, linings, and paddingso creative sewers can design their own fashions
· Over 40 sketches with many more suggestions for modern variations on the classic garments
· A choice of authentic Japanese techniques or simplified methods that achieve the same look
· How to use any width fabric, whether narrow Japanese fabric or standard Western widths
· Sources of Japanese fabric and sewing accessories
· Care and storage guidelines
· Fabric suggestions, ideas for creative wear, historical information, and much more!
About the Author:
JOHN MARSHALL, who studied traditional dyeing and garment construction in Japan for five years, is a textile artist and fashion designer.
Title: Make Your Own Japanese Clothes: Patterns and...
Publisher: Kodansha USA
Book Condition: New
Book Description U.S.A.: Kodansha USA, 2013. Soft cover. Book Condition: Very Good. Book in excellent condition with no markings and very minor shelf wear. Bookseller Inventory # b00126
Book Description Kodansha USA, Inc., New York, NY, 2013. Soft cover. Book Condition: Near Fine. First Edition First Printing. 10 " Tall X 7" Wide. First U.S. edition, first printing indicated by full number line on copyright page. Binding tight; interior clean with no markings. 130pp., including appendices and index. A great book that includes step-by-step instructions for making 14 different traditional garments, detailed adjustable patterns, tips on how to use any width fabric, and so much more!. Bookseller Inventory # 20431
Book Description Kodansha USA Inc, 2013. PAP. Book Condition: New. New Book. Shipped from US within 10 to 14 business days. Established seller since 2000. Bookseller Inventory # VU-9781568364933
Book Description Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # 19252093-n
Book Description Oxford University Press. Book Condition: New. Brand New. Bookseller Inventory # 1568364938
Book Description Kodansha USA, 2013. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 1568364938
Book Description Kodansha USA, 2013. Paperback. Book Condition: Brand New. reprint edition. 130 pages. 10.00x7.00x0.50 inches. In Stock. Bookseller Inventory # 1568364938
Book Description Kodansha USA, 2013. Paperback. Book Condition: Used: Good. Reprint. Bookseller Inventory # SONG1568364938
Book Description Kodansha USA, 2013. Paperback. Book Condition: Used: Good. Ships with Tracking Number! INTERNATIONAL WORLDWIDE Shipping available. May not contain Access Codes or Supplements. Buy with confidence, excellent customer service!. Bookseller Inventory # 1568364938