This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
The executive editor of the world's most popular running magazine draws on the wisdom of top athletes, trainers, coaches, and writers to compile a practical guide to running for fitness.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
· Runner’s World is the world’s leading running magazine and brand, sponsoring virtually every road race in the UK.
· Essential reading for all runners – from beginners to winners
· Includes advice from Olympic champions and best-selling running authors
· Offers precise techniques, detailed instructions, and calendar countdowns for big events
The sport of running is ever changing, be it the shoes we wear or the goals we set, the training methods we use or the role models we emulate. But there is one constant: For 30 years, Runner's World magazine has been recognized worldwide as the leading authority on running. Now, the collective wisdom of some of the most savvy running writers and editors can be found in one book. Whether you are a beginner or veteran runner, here is advice-- both timeless and cutting edge-- guaranteed to maximize your performance and pleasure.
In-depth coverage of training and racing, including:
* A surefire plan for beginners to get "hooked" on running
* 15 surprising foods to boost your running performance
* A program to double your endurance
* Nearly 20 running ailments and how to self-treat them
* A proven method to achieve a breakthrough
* Top 25 training advances over the past 30 years
* Tips from triathletes to maximize your training efficiency
* 11 rules to run a great marathon
* A woman's encyclopedia of running
* The big-five running injuries and how to prevent them
* How to incorporate speedwork into your training
* How to think like a champion
* How to taper your eating, and your training, before a race
Valuable advice from world-class runners, coaches, and doctors:
* Joan Samuelson, 1984 Olympic Marathon gold medalist
* Mark Allen, six-time Hawaii Ironman triathlon champion
* Jeff Galloway, U.S. Olympian and best-selling author
* Joe Ellis, D.P.M., author of Running Injury-Free
* Bob Kempainen, 1992 U.S. Olympic Marathoner
* Doug Kurtis, who has run 60 marathons under 2:20
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Condition: New. New. Seller Inventory # M-1579541860