This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
This audio adaptation of the bestselling Principles title forms a practical introduction to Zen history, philosophy, and practice.
Zen is one of the most popular forms of Buddhism in the West. This 90-minute tape introduces the reader to Zen history, philosophy and practice, and provides a practical introduction to meditation.
· a guided meditation and information on posture
· a series of basic meditation exercises
· how Zen can help us to connect to ourselves and each other, and live more fully.
· an introduction to koans (such as `what is the sound of one hand clapping’)
· what to expect on a retreat
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
* Zen is the most popular form on Buddhism in the WestAbout the Author:
Martine Batchelor was a Zen Buddhist nun in Korea for ten years. She teaches Zen Buddhism at Sharpham College and leads Zen retreats worldwide. She is the author of WALKING ON LOTUS FLOWERS and is interested in making Zen relevant to modern, daily life.
She teaches regularly at Gaia House in Newton Abbot (where she was a founding member), in Scotland at Findhorn, throughout the US, as well as leading regular retreats in Switzerland and South Africa (specific centres provided upon request).
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
(No Available Copies)
If you know the book but cannot find it on AbeBooks, we can automatically search for it on your behalf as new inventory is added. If it is added to AbeBooks by one of our member booksellers, we will notify you!Create a Want