The Construction Industry: Processes, Players, and Practices
For courses in Architecture, Construction, Construction Management, Trade Education, and Engineering.
- This introductory, supplemental text, provides an effective overview of the basic essence of the construction industry, its impact on society, and the magnificent work it produces. It demonstrates the worldwide impact of the industry in all areas and civilizations of the world today.
- The intent of this text is to provide a broad view of the construction industry to develop fundamental understanding in the reader, of the industry's size, breadth, extent, versatility, impact, expertise, and assistance to life, worldwide, in many different formats, climates, and situations. Shows how industry fills the needs of society, and aids physical and economic development, and life in general. This understanding will provide the student/reader with a good founding, and a basis for putting their other course work in proper perspective.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
From the Back Cover
The construction industry is a vast, imposing, and complex entity. This book is intended to give students and professionals in construction management, engineering, and architecture an overview of the people, processes, and business practices found in this exciting field. The reader will learn about the role of each of the players in the construction business, how a project proceeds from start to finish, and about everyday procedures used to keep projects flowing smoothly.
Some of the key features of this book include:
- Chapter 3, "The Sequence of a Project," provides a through step-by-step coverage of the design-build approach to building construction. Readers will get a clear understanding of this major methodology.
- For the reader with little or no background in the construction industry, this book provides the basic terminology and concepts that will be a foundation for future study.
- For reference, the author has provided useful additions such as the glossary, appendices, building code charts, and a listing of trade associations.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.