Exploring Techniques of Analysis and Evaluation in Strategic Management (Exploring Strategic Management)
Exploring Techniques of Analysis and Evaluation in Strategy, aims to provide an expanded coverage of the techniques of strategic management, thereby complementing the main text. The book contains nineteen articles of which 9 are written by the Strategic Planning Society's Workshop Leaders. The articles are practical rather than discursive, and each one deals with an individual tool or technique that is useful for effective strategic management. The tools and techniques fall into three categories which will be used to carry out: Strategic Analysis, Strategic Choice, Strategic Implementation.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
'New edition of a widely used and respected strategy textbook. Extensive teaching support.'
From the Back Cover
Dr Bruce Lloyd, Book Review Editor for LRP
Exploring Corporate Strategyis Europe s leading strategy textbook with sales of over 500,000 copies worldwide. This new edition builds on the established strengths of previous editions, whilst substantially updating and re-orientating material to meet the needs of contemporary students and lecturers. Classic features
- Combines analytic and process views of strategy.
- Heavily informed by research in the field.
- Links theory and practice through over 80 one-page illustrations, 11 chapter end case examples and over 30 case studies.
- Many globally known organisations (e.g. AOL/Time Warner, Honda, Virgin, Madonna, British Airways, BBC, News Corporation, Xerox, BMW, KPMG, Amazon, Glaxo/Smithcline Beecham, Marks and Spencer, Formula One, W.H.Smith).
- Cases and examples from many different sectors and geographical locations including UK, US, Scandinavia, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Holland, Croatia.
- Impressive additional support for tutors and students including: teacher s manual (course design, work assignment de-briefs, case study teaching notes), CD of text exhibits, companion website (including updates, links and multiple choice questions), videos and the Exploring Strategic Management series of books on: techniques, strategic change, finance and public sector strategy.
- Throughout the text, strategy is seen through three complementary 'lenses': 'design' (an analytical approach); 'experience' (builds on cultural, institutional and cognitive schools of thought); 'ideas' (builds on evolutionary and complexity theories).
- Critical commentaries
- at the end of each part of the book encourage students to engage critically with the material, exploring links between chapter topics and developing a more holistic view of strategic issues as viewed through these three lenses.
- Strategies for a fast changing world including hypercompetitive and game theoretic strategies.
- An increased emphasis on knowledge as a basis of competitive advantage.
- A new framework for corporate level strategies.
- A new more integrated approach to issues of structuring: structures, processes, boundaries and relationships.
- A complete chapter on the links between overall strategy and strategies for separate resource areas, people, information, finance and technology.
- Many examples of new economy issues: IT, de-regulation, globalisation and flexible structuring.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.