Designed to meet the needs of both clinical laboratory technicians and clinical laboratory scientists, CLINICAL LABORATORY HEMATOLOGY has been updated into a brand new edition. This comprehensive--yet easy to read--guide to hematology and hemostasis features cutting-edge technologies, high-quality photographs and micrographs, case studies, and convenient dual-level (basic and advanced) presentation of information. Visual cross-referencing (symbols) throughout make finding information exceptionally easy. Key chapters are presented by a number of different authors and experts in the field and include information on: cellular homeostasis; the Stucture and Function of Hematopoietic Organs; Hemolytic anemia; Nonmalignant lymphocyte disorders and much more.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Revised and thoroughly updated, this bestseller remains a comprehensive, yet reader-friendly text of hematology and hemostasis written for students at all levels of laboratory education. Readers will master the content with ease by engaging in a vivid presentation of content supplemented by a variety of thought-provoking learning features.
* A flexible format withs two levels of chapter-concluding review questions, matched to the two levels of objectives at the start of every chapter.
* Integrated companion website study guide (www.pearsonhighered.com/mckenzie) with additional images and quiz questions to test comprehension of the chapter material.
Featrues immediate tabulation of quiz results.
* High-quality, full-color blood and bone marrow micrographs presented throughout the text.
* Real-life scenarios presented in running case studies throughout each chapter.
* Chceckpoints in each chapter provide learning "speed bumps" along the way to help readers apply and assess comprehension as they progress through each chapter.
* Clear and understandable coverage of new technologies within the worlds of molecular diagnostics, flow cytometry, and cytogenetics.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Prentice Hall. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. 0135137322 New Condition. Bookseller Inventory # NEW6.0054724
Book Description Prentice Hall, 2010. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 0135137322
Book Description Prentice Hall, 2010. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # P110135137322
Book Description Prentice Hall, 2010. Book Condition: New. Brand New, Unread Copy in Perfect Condition. A+ Customer Service! Summary: Chapter Title Author 1 Introduction McKenzie 2 Cellular homeostasis Williams 3. Hematopoiesis Williams 4 Stucture and Function of Hematopoietic Organs Scheulter 5. The erythrocyte Hubbard 6 Hemoglobin McKenzie 7 The leukocyte Coleman and Simonian 8 Introduction to Anemia McKenzie 9 Anemias of disordered iron metabolism and heme synthesis McKenzie 10 Hemoglobinopathies: Qualitative Defects Laudicina 11 Thalassemia Randolph 12 Megaloblastic and nonmegaloblastic macrocytic anemias Hubbard 13 Hypoproliferative anemias Laudicina 14 Introduction to hemolytic anemia McKenzie 15 Hemolytic anemia: membrane defects Cochran-Black 16 Hemolytic anemia: Enzyme Deficiencies Lake 17 Hemolytic anemia: Immune anemias Smith 18 Hemolytic anemia: nonimmune defects Smith 19 Nonmalignant granulocyte and monocyte disorders Raygart 20 Nonmalignant lymphocyte disorders Beglinger 21 Introduction to hematopoietic neoplasms McKenzie 22 Myeloproliferative Disorders Beglinger/McKenzie 23 Myelodysplastic syndromes Lawrence 24 Acute Myelogenous Leukemia Leclair/Williams 25 <P style="MARGIN: Bookseller Inventory # ABE_book_new_0135137322
Book Description Prentice Hall, 2010. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # BKTY9780135137321