Like its previous editions, this text introduces students to new database technologies - the technologies they need in order to design and use future business and commercial applications.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Provides a solid foundation in the fundamentals of database processing, and incorporates all
of the most current technologies on the market
• Extensive discussions address publishing database applications with Internet technology and using both Active Server Pages and Java Server Pages
• In-depth discussions of the relational model, normalization, and extensive SQL for both data definition and data manipulation
• Thorough coverage of database modeling and design using both the entity-relationship and semantic object models
• Lucid descriptions and examples of modern DBMS products including Access 2002, Oracle, SQL Server, and MySQL
• The companion website at www.prenhall.com/kroenke, provides easy navigation to exercises in Tabledesigner, drag-and-drop database design tool, and interactive study guide questions that drive home the chapter objectives
• Up-to-date coverage of data warehousing, data marts, and OLAP
• Presentation and discussion of important standards including DHTML, XML (including XML Schema), ODBC, and JDBC
• Discussions of object- oriented database processing that feature both SQL3 and Oracles object-relational capabilities
Study and Succeed with
David Kroenke's Database Processing 8/e & Web site: www.prenhall.com/kroenke
David Kroenke has been a sailor since 1971 and currently owns a Mason 44. He has cruised the West Coast extensively, roamed the Inside Passage and the coast of British Columbia, and sailed to Mexico and back. His next Big Trip is a voyage to the Marquesas. Although he holds a Ph.D. in engineering, he claims his chief qualification for writing "Know Your Boat" is the self-education process he undertook after spending piles of money in boatyards.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Pearson US Imports & PHIPEs, 1994. Book Condition: Fair. Bookseller Inventory # G0133201287I5N00