The Eighth Edition ofUnderstanding Reading Problems is a thorough updating of a market-leading book written by highly popular authors Jean Wallace Gillet, Charles Temple, Codruta Temple, and Alan Crawford. Featuring classroom-based, teacher-driven approaches to effective reading assessment and remediation, this new edition covers reading processes, their assessment and their corrective instruction and includes thorough treatments of reading and writing at every stage of development. The Eighth Edition is organized by developmental levels, with explanations of reading issues at each level, approaches to assessment, and teaching methods delivered at the point of need.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
“The text provides invaluable information on how to assess as well as offer instruction to struggling readers ranging from emergent and beginning to older readers.” Ioney James, North Carolina A & T State University
From the Back Cover:
Featuring classroom-based, teacher-driven approaches to effective reading assessment and remediation, the new edition of this market-leading book provides up-to-date coverage of reading processes, their assessment, and their corrective instruction. The highly popular authors present thorough treatments of reading and writing at every stage of development and include assessments in their entirety for emergent literacy including concepts about print and the concept of word, and many tests of phonological awareness, developmental spelling, word recognition, fluency, and phonics knowledge.
Among the topics covered are a detailed treatment of Informal Reading Inventories (with examples from the authors’ Developmental Literacy Inventory); Lexiles and guided reading levels; running records; developmental spelling stages; emergent literacy assessments including concepts about print, the concept of word, and phonological awareness; reading and spelling-based tests of phonics knowledge; assessing and teaching students with limited English proficiency; and practical strategies for adapting instruction for special needs students in inclusive classrooms. The Eighth Edition has new chapters on Response to Intervention and on the teaching of culturally and linguistically different students.
The Eighth Edition incorporates these new features:
· A comprehensive inventory for assessing emergent literacy, including several new assessments of phonological awareness (Chapter 3).
· Detailed instruction for administering, scoring, and interpreting an informal reading inventory, plus sample sections of an IRI (Chapter 5 and in the supplements).
· A thorough discussion of Response to intervention (Chapter 2).
· Extensive assessment of the often-neglected topic of narrative comprehension of early readers (Chapter 3).
· New instruments for assessing phonological awareness
· New reading and spelling-based tests of phonics knowledge
· A new instrument for assessing students’ developmental spelling in K through 12 (Chapter 8).
· A new chapter on teaching culturally and linguistically different students (Chapter 9).
· The Eighth Edition is organized by developmental levels, with explanations of reading issues at each level, approaches to assessment, and teaching methods delivered at the point of need.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Pearson, 2011. Soft cover. Book Condition: New. Dust Jacket Condition: New. International Edition. (New International edition english textbook only). Language: eng. Bookseller Inventory # ABE-16374378119
Book Description Pearson, 2011. Soft cover. Book Condition: New. book Condition: Brand New. International Edition. Softcover. This is a Brand New High-Quality Textbook. Different ISBN and cover image with US edition. Fast shipping and ship within 48hours by UPS/DHL global express service to any US destination within 3-5 business days. We do not ship to Po Box, APO and FPO address. Some book may show some sales disclaimer word such as "Not for Sale or Restricted in US" on the cover page. Some international textbooks may come with different exercises or cases at the end of chapters compare to US edition. Bookseller Inventory # 003534
Book Description Pearson Education (US). PAPERBACK. Book Condition: New. 0132659085 Brand new book. International Edition. Ship from multiple locations. 3-5 business days Express Delivery to USA/UK/Europe/Asia/Worldwide. Tracking number will be provided. Satisfaction guaranteed. Bookseller Inventory # SKU000031
Book Description Book Condition: Brand New. Book Condition: Brand New. Bookseller Inventory # 97801326590861.0
Book Description Pearson Education (US), 2012. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # P110132659085