Provides an integrated review of management concepts and techniques and an excellent foundation for understanding key management issues. This text looks at Management from a European perspective, with the experience of European students in mind, including possible transnational survey and research material and an excellent range of European and international case material. The text encourages critical thinking and has a questioning and interactive style.
Teacher's Manual, PowerPoint slides and Test Item File
Instructor's Manual (0-13-095798-4)
PowerPoint Slides (0-13-095797-6)
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
This comprehensive and well-respected text acknowledges management as a widespread human activity, exercised by people at all levels and in all types of organisations. It combines rigour with a highly accessible presentation, integrating general and functional perspectives within a clear framework of management. The second edition has been revised and updated to incorporate the latest research.
* Expands and integrates material on globalisation, environmental issues, the Internet and other 'new economy' developments such as dotcoms and call centres, making it completely up-to-date in its coverage of modern technology.
* Reflects the wider interest in public sector management and the management of not-for-profit organisations such as charities and voluntary organisations.
* Integrates general and functional aspects of management around a single framework of 'content-process-control', which is introduced in Chapter 1.
* Recognises the more critical perspectives towards management and organisational activities, encouraging students to engage in critical analysis.
* Many case studies are new and all others have been fully updated. Drawn from European, US and Japanese examples, these illustrations will help build awareness of cultural diversity in today's workplace.
* Excellent pedagogy to help guide student learning, including- learning objectives, chapter introductions, short, long and integrated case studies for flexible teaching and learning, illustrations of 'management in practice', 'key ideas', review questions, case questions, activities and suggested further reading.
* Companion website for lecturers and students including an Instructor's Manual, PowerPoint slides, multiple-choice questions and annotated weblinks.
David Boddy is Research Fellow in the Department of Business and Management at the University of Glasgow.
David Boddy is a Research Fellow at the School of Business & Management, University of Glasgow. He is author of two other books published by Pearson Education: Managing Information Systems (2005) and Managing Projects (2002).
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Financial Times/ Prentice Hall 16/03/1998, 1998. Book Condition: Very Good. This book is in very good condition and will be shipped within 24 hours of ordering. The cover may have some limited signs of wear but the pages are clean, intact and the spine remains undamaged. This book has clearly been well maintained and looked after thus far. Money back guarantee if you are not satisfied. See all our books here, order more than 1 book and get discounted shipping. . Bookseller Inventory # 7719-9780132570985
Book Description Financial Times/ Prentice Hall 16/03/1998, 1998. Book Condition: Good. This book is in good or better condition. It has no tears to the pages and no pages will be missing from the book. The spine of the book is still in great condition and the front cover is generally unmarked. It has signs of previous use but overall is in really nice, tight condition. Shipping is normally same day from our UK warehouse. We offer a money back guarantee if you are not satisfied. Bookseller Inventory # 9053-9780132570985
Book Description Financial Times/ Prentice Hall 16/03/1998, 1998. Book Condition: Good. Will be shipped promptly from UK warehouse. Book is in good condition with no missing pages, no damage or soiling and tight spine. There may be some dog-eared pages showing previous use but overall a great book. Bookseller Inventory # 9053-9780132570985
Book Description Financial Times/ Prentice Hall, 1998. Paperback. Book Condition: Good. Sent from the UK within 24 hours. EXPEDITED UK DELIVERY AVAILABLE. Bookseller Inventory # BBI2309461
Book Description Financial Times/ Prentice Hall, 1998. Paperback. Book Condition: Acceptable. USED BUT OTHERWISE OF ACCEPTABLE QUALITY ** SUPER FAST SHIPPING FROM UK WAREHOUSE ** 30 DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE. Bookseller Inventory # mon0001964523
Book Description Financial Times/ Prentice Hall, 1998. Book Condition: Fair. This book has soft covers. Ex-library, With usual stamps and markings, In fair condition, suitable as a study copy. Bookseller Inventory # 4025806
Book Description Paperback. Book Condition: Fair. A readable copy of the book which may include some defects such as highlighting and notes. Cover and pages may be creased and show discolouration. Bookseller Inventory # GOR002626025
Book Description Paperback. Book Condition: Very Good. The book has been read, but is in excellent condition. Pages are intact and not marred by notes or highlighting. The spine remains undamaged. Bookseller Inventory # GOR001209213
Book Description Financial Times/ Prentice Hall, 1998. Paperback. Book Condition: Used; Good. Bookseller Inventory # mon0001649422
Book Description Book Condition: good. 1361 Gramm. Bookseller Inventory # M0013257098X-G