A new, complete two-colour text which explains and illustrates the principal techniques and underlying concepts involved in the preparation and analysis of financial accounting statements. The text provides coverage in an exceptionally clear and succinct style, and includes a variety of teaching, learning and assessment features.
Lecturer's Pack including chapter overviews, solutions to the exercises not given in the text, additional exercises and solutions, OHP Masters on disk (0-13-269192-2). (Teacher's Manual Sampler 0-13-639584-8.)
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Principles of Financial Accounting 2e
Ian Gillespie, Richard Lewis and Kay Hamilton
Principles of Financial Accounting provides a comprehensive grounding in the main techniques and underlying concepts involved in the preparation and analysis of accounting statements, and their application to various forms of business organisation.
This text is written for students with the aim of helping them understand the principles of financial accounting. Designed to encourage students to interact with the material presented, Principles of Financial Accounting helps students' understanding by actually producing and analysing accounting statements. The principles of financial accounting are developed progressively, step by step, in an exceptionally clear style, and extensively illustrated through comprehensive worked examples and self check questions.
· Open, easy to read style which is student friendly and down-to-earth.
· Jargon is avoided wherever possible; where it is unavoidable it is fully and clearly explained and illustrated.
· Balances a practical and relevant approach with a sound theoretical foundation.
· Checkpoint questions throughout the book allow the reader to check understanding.
· End-of-chapter review questions and exercises are provided.
· Answers to selected exercises and all checkpoint questions are given at the end of the
text for self assessment purposes.
· Definitions are included for each key term with a glossary for easy reference.
· Extensive teaching and learning features include- chapter learning objectives,
introductions and summaries.
New to this Edition
· Auditing and Branch Accounts are included.
· Manufacturing Accounts has been deleted.
· More questions, examples and exercises have been included.
Principles of Financial Accounting is ideal for undergraduate, postgraduate and HND/C students taking an introductory course or module in financial accounting. The breadth and depth of coverage means the book is suitable for specialist accounting students whilst also appropriate for non-specialists.
A Teacher's Manual has been produced to accompany the text, including comprehensive supporting material to help lecturers in the preparation and delivery of courses.
Ian Gillespie was formerly Academic Director of Validation Services at The European Business School, London, and Academic Leader, Regents Business School London.
Richard Lewis is the Associate Chancellor of the United States Open University.
Kay Hamilton was formerly Accounting Subject Leader at the European Business School, London.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Prentice Hall College Div, 1997. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 013239278X