Statistics can be tricky, but the 3rd edition of Howitt and Cramer's popular statistics text makes it much easier. Users of statistics at all levels find this comprehensive and modern approach indispensable. This new edition has been redesigned for maximum clarity with difficult concepts explained in simple steps using a wide variety of examples. This book can be used on its own or in conjunction with 'Introduction to SPSS 12 in Psychology' and Introduction to Research Methods in Psychology' by the same authors.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Introduction to Statistics in Psychology
Statistics can be difficult, but this revised 3rd edition of Introduction to Statistics in Psychology makes it much easier. Any psychology student, whether at introductory, intermediate or advanced level will find the book a very useful companion to their statistics course.
Introduction to Statistics in Psychology is written in a jargon free style, it is comprehensive and accessible, and laid out with great visual clarity. Complex mathematics are kept to a minimum and concepts that are often difficult to grasp are explained step-by-step, using a wide variety of examples.
Introduction to Statistics in Psychology can be used alone or to complement the authors’ Introduction to Research Methods in Psychology and Introduction to SPPS in Psychology also published by Prentice Hall.
The revised 3rd edition:
- Provides a comprehensive guide to understanding a wide range of statistics
- Meets student needs at all stages of their course
- Teaches how to choose appropriate statistical tests
- Describes how to analyse data of all sorts
- Provides models of how to report findings
- Employs a flexible modular approach for effective study and reference
- Requires only a simple understanding of mathematics for success
- The best single resource for confidence intervals, statistical power, reliability, meta-analysis, log-linear and other advanced techniques
Dennis Howitt and Duncan Cramer are both Readers in Psychology at Loughborough University
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Prentice Hall (UK), 2005. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # M0131399853
Book Description Prentice Hall (UK), 2005. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Never used!. Bookseller Inventory # P110131399853