The book, in combination with its website, provides a complete introduction to research and statistical analysis which will satisfy the needs of all psychology students undertaking projects and assignments throughout their degree studies.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
An Introduction to Research Methods and Statistics in Psychology is a new type of textbook. It is almost entirely student-centred, eminently practical and brings together a wealth of experience in the teaching of undergraduate research.
This book is not just a guide to the conduct of psychological research, it is also an effective support system for the particular problems, concerns and fears encountered by most students at some point in their research lives.
In structure, the book is divided into a number of well-defined parts, each dealing with a major element of the research process and combining to produce a step-by-step guide for the student embarking on a major piece of undergraduate research. The main topics covered are:
· Beginning a research project: literature reviews and research questions.
· Designing a study: choosing between quantitative and qualitative, experimental and correlational methods.
· Carrying out a study: procedural issues, methods, ethics, questionnaires and standardised tests.
· Descriptive statistics: coding, screening data, graphs and tables, and an introduction to SPSS for Windows.
· Qualitative research methods: types of data, qualitative analyses.
· Inferential statistics: chi-square, t-tests, one and two-way ANOVA, repeated measures tests, correlation and simple regression, partial correlation and multiple regression, non-parametric tests, complete SPSS guide to statistical analysis.
· Writing up research: reporting findings, structuring a research report, writing up qualitative research, and giving presentations.
The book, alongside its website, provides a complete introduction to research, taking the student well beyond entry level, with a treatment of statistical analysis to satisfy the needs of even final year students.
Ronald A. McQueen and Christina Knussen teach in the Department of Psychology, Glasgow Caledonian University.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Prentice Hall, 2005. Softcover. Book Condition: Neu. Neu Neuware. Schnelle Lieferung, Kartonverpackung. Abzugsfähige Rechnung. Bei Mehrfachbestellung werden die Versandkosten anteilig erstattet. - Introduction to Research Methods and Statistics in Psychologyis a new type of textbook: it is entirely student-centred and eminently practical. This book is not just a guide to the conduct of psychological research, but also an effective support system for the particular problems, concerns and fears encountered by students in their research lives. The book is divided into parts, each dealing with a major element of the research process and combining to produce a step-by-step guide for the student embarking on a major piece of undergraduate research. 456 pp. Englisch. Bookseller Inventory # INF1000030015
Book Description Pearson Education Canada, 2004. Paperback. Book Condition: New. 1. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0131249401