Core text for first year introductory module in statistics for undergraduates in psychology and related areas, particularly Health Sciences. Also suitable for A Level Psychology students, and for health professionals carrying out quantitative research for the first time. This book enables students in the health sciences to complete an introductory course in statistics quickly and successfully. Although brief and easy to use, it covers all the major statistical concepts and main SPSS operations, teaching statistical concepts as a whole through a unique combination of narrative, logic puzzles, SPSS examples, statistical knowledge, research papers, and self-assessment tasks. Research examples and datasets are included, together with guidance on writing up results for reports/publication. Chapters can be completed in 1 to 2 hours, with students being able to demonstrate that they have understood the concepts presented by self-assessment and/or by accessing further problems/assessment via the Web.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
A brief statistics text which strips the subject down to its basics into order to get students up to speed as quickly as possible.
Features of the text-
* designed around a map of the statistics area, highlighting the overall shape of the subject and the links between techniques to create an overall understanding of the area as well as just the techniques
* content led by student outcomes - conducting their own research, understanding research papers and results
* combines the use of SPSS examples and hand calculations to give students a understanding of stats through both methods
* related mathematical puzzles at the beginning of each chapter get students into a more mathematical frame of mind
* includes real data, both in the book and on the website
* website including annotated research papers, real datasets and animated visual summaries
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Pearson Higher Education, 2001. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0130196460
Book Description Prentice Hall, 2001. Paperback. Book Condition: Brand New. 200 pages. In Stock. Bookseller Inventory # zk0130196460
Book Description Prentice Hall, 2001. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 0130196460