Written for use in Early Childhood Development courses, or courses in Cultural Diversity.
This successful text is the first of its kind to take a multicultural approach/focus to child development. Using a hands-on approach, it presents both typical and atypical development while addressing all current and important topics and issues. The book is arranged within an ages/stages format from birth through age eight. The author continues to provide many practical multicultural/multiethnic cases and examples to implement research findings for working with children. This text is appropriate for development courses in early childhood programs.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
This text addresses typical and atypical child development chronologically from birth through age eight with a unique multicultural focus, which is essential for our increasingly diverse student population.
Development Is Examined from a Multicultural Perspective
• Developmental domains are presented with examples of cultural diversity throughout
• Multicultural presentation prepares adults to meet the unique needs of children of varying backgrounds
Atypical Development and Classroom Adaptations Are Smoothly Integrated
• Atypical and typical development is addressed for cognitive/linguistic, physical, and social domains
• Classroom Adaptations feature provides practical ideas for adapting classroom space, materials, curricula, and adult interactions to meet the needs of children with challenging conditions
Practical Applications Make This a Hands-on Guide for Educators and Caregivers
• Assessing Young Children tables provide observation guidelines and suggestions for application
• Child Guidance feature, new to this edition, explores research-based ways adults can guide development
• Research into Practice section describes practical classroom and parenting applications
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Book Condition: Brand New. Book Condition: Brand New. Bookseller Inventory # 97801301356501.0
Book Description Book Condition: Brand New. Brand New Original US Edition, Perfect Condition. Printed in English. Excellent Quality, Service and customer satisfaction guaranteed!. Bookseller Inventory # AIND-20722
Book Description Book Condition: New. New. US edition. Perfect condition. Ship by express service to USA, Canada, Australia, France, Italy, UK, Germany and Netherland. Customer satisfaction our priority. Bookseller Inventory # ABE-190516-6918
Book Description Book Condition: Brand New. New. US edition. Customer Satisfaction guaranteed!!. Bookseller Inventory # SHAK6918
Book Description Prentice Hall, 1999. Paperback. Book Condition: New. 2 Sub. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0130135658
Book Description Book Condition: New. Brand New Original US Edition.We Ship to PO BOX Address also. EXPEDITED shipping option also available for faster delivery. Bookseller Inventory # AUSBNEW-20722
Book Description Prentice Hall, 1999. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 0130135658
Book Description Prentice-Hall. Book Condition: New. pp. 528. Bookseller Inventory # 6351032
Book Description Prentice Hall. PAPERBACK. Book Condition: New. 0130135658 Brand New Book in Perfect Condition.Fast Shipping with tracking number. Bookseller Inventory # PVDA-BCNPD-05298
Book Description Db Prentice Hall. Book Condition: New. This is an Int'l Edition. Please note: We do not ship to PO Boxes, please provide us with your complete delivery address. Bookseller Inventory # ColBSPD-7418