Mathematica Navigator contains a great deal of material not easily found elsewhere in a well-organized form, with sufficient detail and illustrative examples. This book will serve excellently as a Mathematica handbook; it starts with the basics, goes carefully through the main material of Mathematica, and covers some advanced topics. Mathematica packages are integrated into the text, so that the reader gets a comprehensive overview of the features of Mathematica. This book allows a new user to begin working with Mathematica and proceed to quite a high level. Old users will find much new material, allowing them to raise their knowledge and skill to an even higher level. In addition, registered readers can send questions to the author concerning the use of Mathematica in areas treated in the book.
* Gives a careful, overall introduction to Mathematica
* Explores graphics in detail,both for functions and data
* Covers procedural, functional, and rule-based programming
* Presents useful standard Mathematica packages throughout the text
* Emphasizes methods of applied mathematics and numerical analysis
* CD-ROM contains the entire book, including all animations, and data sets presented in the book
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Part tutorial and part handbook, this title shows beginners how to use recent Mathematica versionsFrom the Publisher:
Praised as both a tutorial and a handbook, this new edition of Mathematica Navigator emphasizes applied mathematical and statistical methods, graphics, and programming. No previous experience with Mathematica is required, yet most chapters also integrate advanced techniques. The book and the included CD-ROM are valuable resources for both beginners and experienced Mathematica users.
- Based on Mathematica 5.0, but can also be used with older versions of Mathematica
- With the enclosed CD-ROM, the entire book can be installed into the help system of Mathematica
- Comprehensive coverage from basic, introductory information through to more advanced topics
- Studies several real data sets and many classical mathematical models
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Academic Press, 1998. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. Never used!. Bookseller Inventory # P110126036403