Written in a clear and simple style, this textbook on fluid mechanics gives equal emphasis to both geophysical and engineering fluid mechanics. For physicists, it contains chapters on geophysical fluid mechanics and gravity waves; for engineers, it has chapters on aerodynamics and compressible flow. Of common interest are chapters on governing equations, laminar flows, boundary layers, instability, and turbulence. This book also presents topics of recent interest, such as deterministic chaos, double-diffusive instability and soliton, and discusses several interesting phenomena such as dynamics of sports balls, locomotion of fish and birds, and sailing again the wind.
* Gives equal treatment to topics in both engineering and geophysical fluid dynamics
* Suitable as an intermediate or graduate course textbook for students in their senior year or above
* Treats topics of recent interest such as deterministic chaos, double diffusive instability and soliton
* Extensively illustrated
* Contains fully worked examples in each chapter as well as end-of-chapter problems
* An instructor's manual is available
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
(No Available Copies)
If you know the book but cannot find it on AbeBooks, we can automatically search for it on your behalf as new inventory is added. If it is added to AbeBooks by one of our member booksellers, we will notify you!Create a Want