Here in a single source is a complete spectrum of ideas on the development of new anticancer drugs. Containing concise reviews of multidisciplinary fields of research, this book offers a wealth of ideas on current and future molecular targets for drug design, including signal transduction, the cell division cycle, and programmed cell death. Detailed descriptions of sources for new drugs and methods for testing and clinical trial design are also provided.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
An authoritative and current compilationFrom the Back Cover:
One of the essential goals in medicine today is to devise therapies leading to the cure or effective control of cancer. The development of new anticancer drugs is central to this goal and in both concept and technology is one of the most rapidly changing areas of science. This multidisciplinary process includes the identification of new therapeutic targets, drug design and synthesis, preclinical testing, and clinical trials. Most scientists and clinicians concerned with anticancer drugs are familiar with only parts of this process. This book provides the best of science and clinical application in a single reference work.
* One work that can be consulted for all aspects of anticancer drug development
* Concise reviews of research fields, combined with practical scientific detail, written by internationally respected experts
* A wealth of ideas on current and future molecular targets for drug design, including signal transduction, the cell division cycle, and programmed cell death
* Detailed descriptions of the sources of new anticancer drugs, including combinatorial chemistry, phage display, and natural products
* Discussion of how new drugs can be tested in preclinical systems, including the latest technology of robotic assay systems, cell culture, and experimental animal techniques
* Hundreds of references that allow the reader to access relevant scientific and medical literature
* Clear illustrations, some in color, that provide both understanding of the field and material for teaching
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Academic Press. Paperback. Book Condition: Brand New. In Stock. Bookseller Inventory # zk0123911273