Kurti and Czako have produced an indispensable tool for specialists and non-specialists in organic chemistry. This innovative reference work includes 250 organic reactions and their strategic use in the synthesis of complex natural and unnatural products. Reactions are thoroughly discussed in a convenient, two-page layout--using full color. Its comprehensive coverage, superb organization, quality of presentation, and wealth of references, make this a necessity for every organic chemist.
* The first reference work on named reactions to present colored schemes for easier understanding
* 250 frequently used named reactions are presented in a convenient two-page layout with numerous examples
* An opening list of abbreviations includes both structures and chemical names
* Contains more than 10,000 references grouped by seminal papers, reviews, modifications, and theoretical works
* Appendices list reactions in order of discovery, group by contemporary usage, and provide additional study tools
* Extensive index quickly locates information using words found in text and drawings
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
The most advanced full color reaction reference work ever written in new hardback format with fully searchable PowerPdf CD-ROM!About the Author:
Laszlo Kurti is a faculty member in the Department of Biochemistry at UT Southwestern Medical Center in Dallas (http://kurtilabs.com). He received his diploma from the University of Debrecen, Hungary, where he conducted research in the laboratory of Professor Sandor Antus. Subsequently he received is MS degree at the University of Missouri-Columbia working with Professor Michael Harmata, and his Ph.D. degree (2006) in synthetic organic chemistry under the supervision of Professor Amos B. Smith III (the University of Pennsylvania). From 2006-2010, he was a Damon Runyon Cancel Fellow in the group of Professor E.J. Corey at Harvard University.
Barbara Czakó was born and raised in Hungary. She received her Diploma from Lajos Kossuth University in Debrecen, Hungary (now University of Debrecen). She obtained her Master of Science degree at University of Missouri-Columbia. Currently she is pursuing his Ph.D. degree in synthetic organic chemistry under the supervision of Prof. Gary A. Molander at the University of Pennsylvania.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Academic Press, 2005. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. Never used!. Bookseller Inventory # P110123694833
Book Description Academic Press, 2005. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. 1. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0123694833