Although there are many books published in solid state physics, there is a wide gap between the active field of research and the concepts
traditionally taught in solid state courses. This book fills that gap. The style is tutorial, simple, and completely self-contained.
Solid State Physicsexplains to readers the newest advances in the area of condensed matter physics with rigorous, but lucid mathematics. Examples are an integral part of the text, and they are carefully designed to apply the fundamental principles illustrated in the text to currently active topics of research.
* Bridges the gap between fundamental principles and active fields of reserch, including explanations of all the latest advances
* Provides an in-depth treatment of current research topics
* Examples are integral to the text and apply fundamental principles to current topics of research
* Both authors have many years of experience of teaching at a variety of levels--undergraduate, post-graduate, tutorial workshops and seminars
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
"... A very nice book ... I would personally buy it"
- Professor Henry Ehrenreich, Harvard University
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Academic Press, 2000. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # P11012304460X
Book Description Academic Press, 2000. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. 1. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX012304460X
Book Description Academic Pr, 2000. Hardcover. Book Condition: Brand New. 1st edition. 727 pages. 10.00x7.00x1.50 inches. In Stock. Bookseller Inventory # zk012304460X
Book Description Academic Press, 2000. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 012304460X
Book Description Academic Press. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. 012304460X New. Looks like an interesting title, learn more! We provide domestic tracking upon request. We provide personalized customer service and want you to have a great experience purchasing from us. 100% satisfaction guaranteed and thank you for your consideration. Bookseller Inventory # S-012304460X