The Encyclopedia of the Solar System provides a series of comprehensive and authoritative articles written by more than 50 eminent planetary and space scientists. Each chapter is self-contained yet linked by cross-references to other related chapters. This beautifully designed book is a must for the library of professional astronomers and amateur star-gazers alike, in fact for anyone who wishes to understand the nature of our solar system.
* Cross-referenced throughout for easy comprehension
* Superbly illustrated with over 700 photos, drawings, and diagrams, including 36 color plates
* Provides 40 thematically organized chapters by more than 50 eminent contributors
* Convenient glossaries of technical terms introduce each chapter
* Foreword written by astronaut Sally Ride
* Special web site for the Encyclopedia at www.academicpress.com/solar includes author-recommended web resources for additional information, images, and research developments related to each chapter of this volume
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
1999 Outstanding Academic Title by CHOICEFrom the Back Cover:
The Encyclopedia of the Solar System appears at a propitious time. Not since 1609, when Galileo first turned his telescope to the heavens, has there been such a revolutionary change in our view of the solar system.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Book Condition: New. No dust jacket. Brand new copy. Ships fast secure, expedited available!. Bookseller Inventory # 3UBC9S0000YD
Book Description Hardcover. Book Condition: BRAND NEW. NEW Book in Mint Condition -- Great DEAL !! Fast Shipping -- Friendly Customer Service -- Buy with Confidence!. Bookseller Inventory # RP0122268059BN
Book Description Academic Press, 1998. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0122268059
Book Description Academic Press, 1998. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 0122268059
Book Description Academic Press, 1998. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # P110122268059
Book Description Book Condition: Brand New. Book Condition: Brand New. Bookseller Inventory # 97801222680521.0
Book Description Academic Press. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. 0122268059 New Condition. Bookseller Inventory # NEW6.0040137
Book Description Elsevier. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # 7126975