This best-selling title provides in one handy volume the essential mathematical tools and techniques used to solve problems in physics. It is a vital addition to the bookshelf of any serious student of physics or research professional in the field. The authors have put considerable effort into revamping this new edition.
* Updates the leading graduate-level text in mathematical physics
* Provides comprehensive coverage of the mathematics necessary for advanced study in physics and engineering
* Focuses on problem-solving skills and offers a vast array of exercises
* Clearly illustrates and proves mathematical relations
New in the Sixth Edition:
* Updated content throughout, based on users' feedback
* More advanced sections, including differential forms and the elegant forms of Maxwell's equations
* A new chapter on probability and statistics
* More elementary sections have been deleted
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Provides the essential mathematical tools and techniques used to solve problems in physics. This work includes differential forms and the elegant forms of Maxwell's equations, and a chapter on probability and statistics. It also illustrates and proves mathematical relations.Review:
"As to a comparison with other books of the same ilk, well, in all honesty, there are none. No other text on methods of mathematical physics is as comprehensive and as complete...I encourage the students to keep their copies as they will need it and will find it an invaluable reference resource in later studies and research."
- Tristan Hubsch, Howard University
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Academic Press. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. 0120598760 New. Looks like an interesting title, learn more! We provide domestic tracking upon request. We provide personalized customer service and want you to have a great experience purchasing from us. 100% satisfaction guaranteed and thank you for your consideration. Bookseller Inventory # S-0120598760
Book Description Academic Press, 2005. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. 6. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0120598760
Book Description Academic Press, 2005. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 120598760
Book Description Soft cover. Book Condition: New. Opt EXPEDITED shipping for 2 to 4 day delivery - Brand NEW - International Edition - 6ed - SAME Contents as in US edition - SHRINKwrapped BOXpacked - There is no CD or Access Code, unless specified above - Ships from various locations. Bookseller Inventory # C10