The Interactive Computing Series is the Visual, Interactive way to develop and apply software skills. This Skills based approach coupled with its highly illustrated, 2 page-spread design is ideal for the intro CIS course, the self-paced course or students in non-traditional education settings.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
MOUS SKILLS: The appearance of the MOUS Skill icon on a Skill page indicates that the Skill contains instruction in at least one of the required MOUS objectives for the relevant exam, thus providing a visual reference to MOUS objectives throughout the text.
· Introductory level books are MOUS certified to core level competency.
· MOUS icons appear in the Brief manuals as well as the Introductory, just as the skills learned in the Intro edition build off of those presented in the Brief edition.
· MOUS objective map in back of each Introductory book lists the MOUS objectives
ENHANCED PEDAGOGICAL ELEMENTS: Many of the retained features from the 2000 Edition have been improved, extending the skills learned on each page.
· Hot Tips Icons introduce helpful hints or trouble-shooting tips.
· Practice boxes direct students to utilize data files where they can practice the skill they are working on. These increase hands-on activity.
· More screen shots demonstrate what the student's screen should look like while following the Do It! Steps.
· Summary tables give a quick overview of the shortcuts, toolbar icons, and options available to complete the skill.
SKILLS BASED APPROACH offers a three level framework for learning throughout the text:
· Level One: Identify the Skill
· Level Two: Describe the Concept and why a skill would be used
· Level Three: Gives numbered directions to show how to "Do It"About the Author:
Ken Laudon is a Professor at New York University’s Stern School of Business and President of Azimuth Multimedia Productions.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Book Condition: Brand New. Book Condition: Brand New. Bookseller Inventory # 97800724725921.0
Book Description Career Education, 2001. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # SONG0072472596