The Interactive Computing Series is the Visual, Interactive way to develop and apply software skills. This Skills based approach coupled with its highly illustrated, 2 page-spread design is ideal for the intro CIS course, the self-paced course or students in non-traditional education settings.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
MOUS SKILLS: The appearance of the MOUS Skill icon on a Skill page indicates that the Skill contains instruction in at least one of the required MOUS objectives for the relevant exam, thus providing a visual reference to MOUS objectives throughout the text.
· Introductory level books are MOUS certified to core level competency.
· MOUS icons appear in the Brief manuals as well as the Introductory, just as the skills learned in the Intro edition build off of those presented in the Brief edition.
· MOUS objective map in back of each Introductory book lists the MOUS objectives
ENHANCED PEDAGOGICAL ELEMENTS: Many of the retained features from the 2000 Edition have been improved, extending the skills learned on each page.
· Hot Tips Icons introduce helpful hints or trouble-shooting tips.
· Practice boxes direct students to utilize data files where they can practice the skill they are working on. These increase hands-on activity.
· More screen shots demonstrate what the student's screen should look like while following the Do It! Steps.
· Summary tables give a quick overview of the shortcuts, toolbar icons, and options available to complete the skill.
SKILLS BASED APPROACH offers a three level framework for learning throughout the text:
· Level One: Identify the Skill
· Level Two: Describe the Concept and why a skill would be used
· Level Three: Gives numbered directions to show how to "Do It"About the Author:
Ken Laudon is a Professor at New York University’s Stern School of Business and President of Azimuth Multimedia Productions.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Career Education, 2001. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # SONG0072472596
Book Description Book Condition: Brand New. Book Condition: Brand New. Bookseller Inventory # 97800724725921.0