Learn in-depth insight into how hackers infiltrate e-business and how they can be stopped. The book contains updated hacks and countermeasures, including the latest denial of service attacks, email attacks, viruses, and Web hacks. There is also coverage of Windows XP Server. The CD contains custom scripts created, vendor tools, a default password database, and an electronic outline of the book with live links to all of the tools that are referenced in the book. Authors are proven security experts who are keynote speakers and instructors for world-wide security conferences (Black Hat, RSA, SANS, among others), where they give a "Hacking Exposed Live!" presentation.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
"If there was an Encyclopedia Britannica of computer security, it would be Hacking Exposed, Third Edition." --Marty Roesch, creator of the Snort tool
"A critical step to knowing your enemy is first understanding their tools. Hacking Exposed, Third Edition delivers just that...and more." --Lance Spitzner, Sun Microsystems GESS Security Team and the coordinator of the Honeynet Project
"Whether you're a struggling novice or a seasoned pro--Hacking Exposed, Third Edition is required reading." --Barnaby Jack, Win32 Buffer Overflow expert
CD-ROM contains key security tools ready to install on your computer, links to the security tools covered in the book, and a password database.
Harden your computers and networks against compromise by digital marauders today with this fully revised, essential volume. Hacking Exposed: Network Security Secrets ; Solutions, Third Edition shows you how hackers view internetworking technologies, the techniques they use to exploit network security holes, and what you can do to recognize oncoming attacks. Renowned security experts Stuart McClure, Joel Scambray, and George Kurtz provide detailed examples of the latest devious break-ins and destructive attacks and show you, step-by-step, how to protect your systems. You'll get brand-new coverage of technologies like 802.11 Wireless Networking expanded coverage of Denial of Service, VPN, dial-up, and remote access hacks, and all-new security information on Windows XP, Windows.NET Server (code named Whistler), and IIS 5.
New and Updated Material:
"The seminal book on white-hat hacking and countermeasures.... Should be required reading for anyone with a server or a network to secure." --Bill Machrone, PC Magazine
"Reading this book is better than hiring those Sneakers guys to break into your network to tell you where the open doors are, and it doesn't cost nearly as much." --Professional Certification magazine
"A great practical guide for administrators and an eminently readable expose on hacking that should smooth the way for sensible executive policies to protect corporate networks." --Cameron Sturdevant, eWeek
"Will tell you more about what hackers have done and can--and can't--do than anything else I have seen....Chock full of tips on countermeasures and just plain usability tricks. Recommended." --Jerry Pournelle, BYTE Magazine
"For almost any computer book, you can find a clone. But not this one.... A one-of-a-kind study of the art of breaking in." --UNIX Review
New and Updated Material:
* Each part opens with a brand new case study based on real security scenarios
* Brand new chapter covers the latest 802.11 Wireless networking security attacks and countermeasures
* New strategies for proactively defending against dial-up, PBX, voicemail, and VPN hacks
* Completely rewritten enumeration chapter including new SQL Server discovery tools, Windows XP/.NET Server countermeasures, Novell exploits, and network discovery using BGP
* New techniques for gaining unauthorized access to Windows 9x/Me/NT/2000/XP, Novell 6, UNIX, and Linux
* Up-to-date countermeasures for preventing the exploitation of proxy and packet filtering firewall vulnerabilities
* Web hacking chapter completely revised and updated to cover the latest platform-specific vulnerabilities from Apache to IIS, current techniques including cross-site scripting, fuzzing, and SQL injection attacks, and all of the latest tools from Achilles to Nikto
* Hacking Exposed Live! video presentation on DVD
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Osborne/McGraw-Hill, 2001. Paperback. Book Condition: New. 3rd. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0072193816
Book Description Book Condition: Brand New. Book Condition: Brand New. Bookseller Inventory # 97800721938171.0
Book Description Osborne/McGraw-Hill, 2001. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 0072193816
Book Description Osborne/McGraw-Hill, 2001. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # P110072193816