Covering multiple techniques and featuring hands-on examples for practical application of AI in robotics, games, and the Web -- complete with plenty of sample Java code, this book is great for game and applications programmers, robotic hobbyists, and artificial intelligence enthusiasts who want to bypass the heavy-duty math.
* Introduces readers to the techniques of AI, then uses Java to fully illustrate them
* Heavy emphasis on "simulated intelligence" -- the biologically inspired forms of AI
* Sample problems include: balancing an inverted pole, predator/prey simulations, text interaction with humans (online tutorials, help desk, etc.)
* Includes Java code that can be used in a host of areas such as games, robotics, web agents, etc.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Demystify AI and Make It Work -- or Play!
* Give your robot uncanny abilities
* Build programs that work intelligently with humans
* Add smarts to computer games
* Program optimal path-finding for machining and robotics
LEARN ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE WITH DO-IT-YOURSELF PROJECTS
Edwin Wise’' Hands-On AI with Java shows you how to put AI techniques to work in a wide variety of useful and entertaining ways.
Robot builders, hobbyists, game developers, automated-help-desk programmers, and even manufacturing engineers can take advantage of Wise’s clear explanations and generous samples of customizable Java code. This book shows you how to:
* Give computer game characters role-playing and decision-making skills
* Simulate evolution to find solutions to hard problems
* Develop machine-to-human text interactions for help desks, adventure games, computerized tutorials, and Web agents
* Guide machine tools for intelligent behavior, such as tool-path optimization and efficient sheet utilization
* Teach your computer to play strategy games
* Solve control problems, including the classic inverted-pole problem
Edwin Wise is Vice President of Development and partner at Wittlock Engineering, LLC, Austin, Texas. His expertise and interests range from basic electronics and software development to microcontrollers, AI, and robots. He is the author of Applied Robotics; Applied Robotics II; and Animatronics: A Guide to Animated Holiday Displays. He lives in Austin.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description McGraw-Hill/TAB Electronics, 2004. Paperback. Book Condition: New. 1. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0071424962
Book Description McGraw-Hill/TAB Electronics, 2004. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # M0071424962
Book Description McGraw-Hill/TAB Electronics, 2004. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Never used!. Bookseller Inventory # P110071424962
Book Description McGraw-Hill/TAB Electronics, 2004. Book Condition: new. Shiny and new! Expect delivery in 20 days. Bookseller Inventory # 9780071424967-1
Book Description McGraw-Hill/TAB Electronics, 2004. Paperback. Book Condition: New. 1. Ships with Tracking Number! INTERNATIONAL WORLDWIDE Shipping available. Buy with confidence, excellent customer service!. Bookseller Inventory # 0071424962n