Explains why approach and landing (AL) is a time-critical, no-mistakes-tolerated phase of flight.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Understand and master a critical stage of flight:
* Procedural perfection—learn the right way to set up approach and landing
* What you must know about stabilized approach—what it is, when a pilot has and has not achieved it
* Learn recognition keys to avert, correct, or survive AL disasters
* How time management and decision making can make all the difference
* ATC/pilot communication in the AL phase—why it is essential
* Perform life-saving self-assessment of AL skills and preparedness
* ALL essential techniques and skills explained in detail
FAST & FOCUSED RX FOR PILOT ERROR
The most effective aviation safety tools available, Controlling Pilot Error guides offer you expert protection against the causes of up to 80% of aviation accidents—pilot mistakes. Each title provides:
* Related case studies
* Valuable “save-yourself” techniques and safety tips
* Clear and concise analysis of error sets
BEST FOR PILOTS
BUILD YOUR KNOWLEDGE BASE
INCREASE YOUR CONFIDENCE
SHARPEN YOUR SKILLS
LEARN LIFESAVING TIPSAbout the Author:
Tony Kern is Editor of the Controlling Pilot Error Series. He is the Director of Aviation Safety for the U.S. Forest Service and the author of three bestselling McGraw-Hill aviation human factors titles: Redefining Airmanship, Flight Discipline, and Rogue Pilot.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description McGraw-Hill Professional. Book Condition: Brand New. Ships from USA. FREE domestic shipping. Bookseller Inventory # 0071386386
Book Description McGraw-Hill Professional, 2002. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 71386386
Book Description McGraw-Hill Professional, 2002. Paperback. Book Condition: New. 1. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0071386386
Book Description McGraw-Hill Professional, 2002. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 0071386386
Book Description McGraw-Hill Professional, 2002. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # P110071386386
Book Description McGraw-Hill Professional. PAPERBACK. Book Condition: New. 0071386386 New Condition. Bookseller Inventory # NEW6.0026820