This book provides theoretically based but practically oriented guide to the use of therapeutic modalities for students in physical therapy programs. It is intended for use in courses where various clinically oriented techniques and methods are presented.
The second edition addresses a wide range of modalities, from electrical to thermal to manual to light (laser) therapy. Each chapter discusses the physiological basis for use, clinical applications, specific techniques of application through the use of related laboratory activities, and relevant individual case studies. The book is rounded out with pedagogical aids, including objectives, glossary of key terms, references, and appendices containing trigger points in the body and a list of manufactures of modality equipment.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
* Most comprehensive coverage
* Expert guidance and techniques
* Laboratory exercises
* Loaded with tips and learning tools
* Referenced and evidence-based
THERAPEUTIC MODALITIES FOR PHYSICAL THERAPISTS
William E. Prentice, PhD, PT, ATC
Covering everything from electrotherapies through spinal traction, this comprehensive text brings you the most complete available coverage of physical therapy treatment modes.
* The ideal text for up-to-date coverage of the leading treatment modalities in physical therapy today
* Perfect for students and practitioners who want expert guidance and understanding of the broad range of therapies used to benefit patients
* Inside: Comprehensive coverage of physical therapy treatment options, with accompanying laboratory exercises for each modality, plus expert practical application guidance, extensive illustrations, evidence-based reporting on results, and a wealth of tools that make learning easier
The best text on treatments used in physical therapy, Therapeutic Modalities for Physical Therapists has the most comprehensive, authoritative, and up-to-date coverage in the field.
This book features:
* Practical, expert guidance on all leading types of treatments used in physical therapy
* Explanations of methods, from electrical stimulation through biofeedback and ultrasound
* Evidence-based, referenced coverage of important modalities, including shortwave and microwave diathermy, iontophoresis, ultraviolet therapy, infrared, intermittent compression devices, and therapeutic massage
* Unique set of laboratory exercises accompanying each modality
* Expert guidance on managing pain with treatment modalities
* In-depth coverage of joint mobilization and joint and spinal traction
* Insight-building chapter on the physiological effects and benefits of each modality, from a body-systems perspective
* Hands-on help with clinical applications
* Highlighted treatment tips
* Numerous case studies
* A variety of learning tools, including chapter objectives, definitions in text margins, and review questions at the end of each chapter
* Helpful appendices with illustrated locations of motor points, equipment manufacturers’ and distributors’ addresses, and units of measurements
William E. Prentice, Ph.D., PT, ATC, Professor, Coordinator of Sports Medicine Specialization Department of Physical Education, Exercise and Sports Science, University of North Carolina Chapel Hill, North Carolina.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description U.S.A.: McGraw-Hill/Appleton & Lange, 2001. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. 2nd Edition. 9356 Language: eng Language: eng Language: eng Language: eng Language: eng Language: eng. Bookseller Inventory # 1671-H
Book Description McGraw-Hill/Appleton & Lange, 2001. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # P110071376925
Book Description McGraw-Hill/Appleton & Lange. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. 0071376925 New Condition. Bookseller Inventory # NEW6.0026705