Students who have used Smith/Minton's Calculus say it was easier to read than any other math book they've used. That testimony underscores the success of the authors’ approach, which combines the best elements of reform with the most reliable aspects of mainstream calculus teaching, resulting in a motivating, challenging book. Smith/Minton also provide exceptional, reality-based applications that appeal to students’ interests and demonstrate the elegance of math in the world around us.
New features include:
• A new organization placing all transcendental functions early in the book and consolidating the introduction to L'Hôpital's Rule in a single section.
• More concisely written explanations in every chapter.
• Many new exercises (for a total of 7,000 throughout the book) that require additional rigor not found in the 2nd Edition.
• New exploratory exercises in every section that challenge students to synthesize key concepts to solve intriguing projects.
• New commentaries (“Beyond Formulas”) that encourage students to think mathematically beyond the procedures they learn.
• New counterpoints to the historical notes, “Today in Mathematics,” that stress the contemporary dynamism of mathematical research and applications, connecting past contributions to the present.
• An enhanced discussion of differential equations and additional applications of vector calculus.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description McGraw-Hill Europe 2011-02-01, 2011. Softcover. Book Condition: New. 4. 4 International Edition Book, Super Brand new with dust cover shrink wrap, Very fast shipping within 36 hours by DHL, TNT global express, You can GET IT in 2-5 business days, We ship from multiple location in USA, Singapore, Thailand and India , CD-ROM and/or Access code and/or Acessories may or may not be available with the book. Bookseller Inventory # 9780071316569
Book Description Softcover. Book Condition: New. International Edition BRAND NEW / FREE UPGRADE to FedEx, UPS or Priority Mail / receive your book within 1-4 business days! / [clean wrapped, well protected] [Authentic edition exactly the same as the Official Listing] [ships within 1 business day] / Free tracking number / Genuine US Bookstore! Get your book in perfect condition! We also ship international via FedEx, UPS, or USPS Express!. Bookseller Inventory # 864120161205224727
Book Description McGraw-Hill Europe, 2011. Book Condition: New. Brand New, Unread Copy in Perfect Condition. A+ Customer Service!. Bookseller Inventory # ABE_book_new_0071316566
Book Description McGraw-Hill Europe, 2011. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 0071316566
Book Description McGraw-Hill Europe, 2011. Paperback. Book Condition: New. New item. Bookseller Inventory # QX-275-66-3999003
Book Description McGraw-Hill Europe, 2011. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # P110071316566