This book moves students toward a clear understanding and a firm grasp of the basic principles of thermodynamics. It communicates directly with tomorrow’s engineers in a simple yet precise manner that encourages creative thinking.
Features of this Edition
• An early introduction to the First Law of Thermodynamics (Chapter 2) establishes a general understanding of energy, mechanisms of energy transfer, and the concept of energy balance, thermo-economics, and conversion efficiency.
• Over 700 new homework problems which further enhance the extensive and diverse homework problem sets.
• Physical intuition to help students develop a sense of the underlying physical mechanisms and a mastery of solving practical problems that an engineer is likely to face in the real world.
Free Student Resources DVD containing
• Limited Academic Version of EES (Engineering Equation Solver) software with scripted solutions to selected text problems
• Physical experiments in thermodynamics with videos and complete write-ups of the experiments, as well as actual data
• Interactive Thermodynamics Tutorial to reinforce student learning of thermodynamics concepts
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Yunus Cengel (Reno, Nevada) is Professor of Mechanical Engineering at the University of Nevada, Reno.
Michael Boles (Raleigh, NC) is Professor of Mechanical Engineering at the North Carolina State University.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description McGraw Hill Higher Education. PAPERBACK. Book Condition: New. 0071257713 New Condition. Bookseller Inventory # NEW6.0026022
Book Description Book Condition: New. International Edition Book In Mint condition. Shipping with Trackable Method. Bookseller Inventory # 0071257713-TOS
Book Description McGraw Hill Higher Education, 2007. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0071257713
Book Description McGraw Hill Higher Education, 2007. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 0071257713
Book Description McGraw Hill Higher Education, 2007. Book Condition: New. Brand New, Unread Copy in Perfect Condition. A+ Customer Service!. Bookseller Inventory # ABE_book_new_0071257713