Molto Batali features 120 of the favorite recipes of Mario Batali, bestselling, James Beard Award-winning author of Molto Italiano and Molto Gusto. One of America’s favorite chefs and a popular fixture on cable television’s Food Network, Mario offers up simple and simply delicious seasonal recipes in month-by-month menus, perfect for celebrating with family and friends.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
From Molto Batali: Leg of Lamb in a Clementine Crust
SERVES 8 TO 10 MINUTES AS A MAIN COURSE
1. Combine the grapefruit juice, clementines, wine, garlic, rosemary, 2 tablespoons black pepper, and the oil in a blender or processor, and pulse until the mixture forms a rough paste.
2. Place the lamb in a large, shallow, nonreactive dish or pan. Rub the marinade over it, and turn the lamb to coat it on all sides. Cover, and refrigerate for at least 12 hours (up to 36 hours).
3. Remove the lamb from the marinade, reserving the marinade, and transfer it to a roasting pan. Season the lamb aggressively with salt and pepper, and let it stand at room temperature for 45 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 425°F.
4. Rub the reserved marinade over the lamb, and add 1 cup of water to the roasting pan. Place the pan in the oven and roast for 20 minutes.
5. Reduce the oven temperature to 400°F, and continue roasting until an instant-read thermometer registers 130°F for medium-rare, roughly 1 hour and 25 minutes for a large roast. (It may be only 45 minutes for a small one, so be careful and check the temperature after 45 minutes in any case.)
6. Remove the pan from the oven and allow the lamb to rest for 20 minutes before carving.From Molto Batali: Cool Chard with Peppery Ricotta
1. Bring 8 quarts of water to a boil in a large pasta pot. Set up a large ice bath nearby.When the water comes to a boil, add 2 tablespoons salt. Drop the chard into the water and cook until tender, 7 to 8 minutes.
2. Drain the chard and plunge it into the ice bath. When it has cooled, drain it well. Place the chard between two platters and press them together very firmly to release the excess water. Place the chard in a large mixing bowl, add the oil and vinegar, and toss. Season lightly with salt, and set in a cool place or in the fridge.
3. Mix the ricotta, nutmeg, and black pepper in a bowl until well blended. Set aside.
4. When ready to serve, arrange the chard on a wide, flat platter and spoon 10 to 12 small dollops of the ricotta around it. Serve cool.From Molto Batali: Grapefruit & Honey Cake
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Oil a 9-inch round cake pan with tall sides, and dust it with the 3 tablespoons breadcrumbs.
2. Using a grater, zest both grapefruits. Juice one of the grapefruits to yield ¾ cup juice. In a small bowl, combine the zest, juice, and olive oil. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, beat the eggs and salt with an electric mixture until frothy and light. Slowly beat in the sugar and honey, and continue to mix until pale and thick, about two minutes more.
4. In a separate bowl, sift the flour, the remaining ¼ cup breadcrumbs, and the baking powder together. Then gradually beat the dry ingredients into the egg mixture. Fold in the citrus zest mixture just until incorporated.
5. Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Let the cake cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Then remove it from the pan and let it cool to room temperature.From the Back Cover:
The bestselling author of Molto Italiano and Molto Gusto shares 120 of his favorite seasonal recipes in month-by-month menus perfect for celebrating with family and friends
For Mario Batali, privilege is also a responsibility. Dedicated to giving back, the renowned chef believes that sharing is crucial to leading a fulfilling life—especially at the table. That spirit of togetherness is at the heart of Molto Batali, a collection of festive and delicious recipes meant for sharing with friends and family throughout the year.
From lush summer salads to hearty winter braises, the seasonal dishes in Molto Batali—all easy to prepare and made with simple ingredients—enliven any dinner table, from a weeknight meal to a holiday celebration. Better yet, the recipes are organized into perfectly paired combinations for stellar meals. Each month features a sumptuous main course such as Leg of Lamb in a Clementine Crust; three toothsome pastas such as Wine-Stained Gemelli with Sausage “Meatballs” and Eggplant; four delectable veggie sides such as Sautéed Rutabagas with Chile, Mint, and Maple; a rustic, flavorful soup such as Green Garlic Soup; and an indulgent dessert such as Nectarine and Black Pepper Cheesecake.
The tantalizing recipes in Molto Batali reflect Mario’s passion for food and family, his belief in the importance of eating together, and the joy that comes when we share lovingly made meals. This same spirit of community and family informs the charitable work of the Mario Batali Foundation, the mission of which is to feed, protect, educate, and empower children—encouraging them to dream big while providing them with the necessary tools to become an active force for change in today’s world.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Book Condition: New. Depending on your location, this item may ship from the US or UK. Bookseller Inventory # 97800620955650000000
Book Description 2011. HRD. Book Condition: New. New Book. Shipped from US within 10 to 14 business days. Established seller since 2000. Bookseller Inventory # VC-9780062095565
Book Description HarperCollins Publishers Inc, United States, 2011. Hardback. Book Condition: New. Language: English . Brand New Book. Divided into the twelve months of the calendar year, Molto Batali offers all new recipes for delicious, festive meals meant for sharing - and perfect for celebrating - with friends and family. From January through December, each chapter includes fresh, simple, seasonal recipes including one major main dish-like a perfectly tender roast - five inventive, mouthwatering veggie sides, three toothsome pasta dishes, and one indulgent dessert. Beautifully designed by the same team who brought Mario s inimitable vision to vivid life in Molto Italiano and Molto Gusto , Molto Batali - with 80-100 full color photographs throughout, high-energy lay out, and sumptuous food shots - not only looks good, but does good, too. A portion of the proceeds from each copy sold will go to benefit The Mario Batali Foundation, the mission of which is to educate and empower children, encouraging them to dream big while providing them with the necessary tools to become an active force for change in today s world. In an effort to do so, the MBF strives to ensure all children are well read, well fed and well cared for. Bookseller Inventory # AA89780062095565
Book Description Harper Collins 2011-10-25, 2011. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. Hardcover. Publisher overstock, may contain remainder mark on edge. Bookseller Inventory # 9780062095565B
Book Description HarperCollins Publishers Inc, United States, 2011. Hardback. Book Condition: New. Language: English . Brand New Book. Molto Batali features 120 of the favorite recipes of Mario Batali, bestselling, James Beard Award-winning author of Molto Italiano and Molto Gusto. One of America s favorite chefs and a popular fixture on cable television s Food Network, Mario offers up simple and simply delicious seasonal recipes in month-by-month menus, perfect for celebrating with family and friends. Bookseller Inventory # AA89780062095565
Book Description Harper Collins Publishers. Book Condition: New. Brand New. Bookseller Inventory # 0062095560
Book Description Ecco, 2011. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. Dust Jacket Condition: New. 0062095560 May also be found in General Cooking. Bookseller Inventory # FORT258699
Book Description Ecco, 2011. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. Dust Jacket Condition: New. 0062095560 May also be found in Italian Cooking section. Bookseller Inventory # FORT258700
Book Description Hardcover. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # 2516883
Book Description 2011. HRD. Book Condition: New. New Book.Shipped from US within 10 to 14 business days. Established seller since 2000. Bookseller Inventory # IB-9780062095565