Tortora's "Introduction to the Human Body" has been rewritten and reduced in length to enhance its suitability for physical education and health-orientated students as well as for students doing a general anatomy course and those undertaking nursing, ambulance and mortuary technical training. It features artwork and photographs and large full-colour line drawings; common disorders sections; guidance on medical terminology; illustrations anatomical detail; study outlines; and review questions and selected readings.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Introduction to the Human Body 5e offers a balanced introduction to the study of anatomy and physiology. It successfully blends stunning art and clearly written text to illuminate the complexities of the human body and to provide you with a basic understanding of structure and function. Consider these benefits:
* A clear focus on homeostasis as the underlying principle for understanding from and function
* A concise writing style that emphasizes core content over extraneous detail.
* An outstanding illustration program of the finest quality line art and photographs
* A focus on the relevancy of the basic content to everyday life
* A complete pedagogical framework surrounding the narrative and illustrations
* A support package that helps teachers teach and students learn
* A Student Companion CD-ROM specifically developed to go with this text attached to the inside front cover of the text
* A newly designed Web site www.wiley.com/college/apcentral
Gerard J. Tortora, Bergen Community College
Sandra Reynolds Grabowski, Purdue University
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Harpercollins College Div, 1991. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. 2nd. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0060466979
Book Description Harpercollins College Div, 1991. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # M0060466979