This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
This book shows health care professionals how to identify, analyze, and resolve ethical issues in clinical medicine, using the Four-Box Method ( medical indications, patient preferences, quality of life, and contextual features). The fifth edition emphasizes evidence-based medicine, and explores new issues in treatment and research.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
"This book is an extremely useful book in the field of applied clinical ethics. A fifth printing certainly validates its usefulness, but may beg the question as well, "Is the fifth edition necessary?" The answer is a resounding "Yes." The authors seriously look at the issues in need of updating from its last printing, such as organizational ethics and the section on conflicts of interest. Even public health issues are covered since the terrorist attack of September 11, 2001." "4 stars" Doody's 20030101From the Back Cover:
The right choice
Face the ethical issues that arise in clinical practice with this proven, practical approach.
Clinical Ethics brings you:
- The Four Topics Method: An easy approach used to identify, analyze, and resolve ethical problems in clinical medicine
- Abundant, concise, illustrative clinical case examples
- Current opinion on today's most controversial issues, such as physician-assisted death, genetic testing and screening, and stem-cell transplantation
- Ethical considerations in research trials, palliative care, and other growing medical areas
- Practical coverage of legal issues
- One of the leading guides to ethical health care
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Idg Books. Hardcover. Condition: New. 0023612002 New Condition. Seller Inventory # NEW7.0941470
Book Description Idg Books, 1986. Condition: New. book. Seller Inventory # M0023612002