The most definitive and authoritative guide to 2010’s landmark general election.
Compiled and written by The Times’s unrivalled team of leading political journalists, The Times Guide to the House of Commons offers an in-depth look at UK politics, charting the run-up to the general election of 2010, as well as a thorough analysis of the extraordinary outcome and the implications it holds for Britain’s future.
This large-format authority on UK politics will prove an indispensable and enjoyable point of reference for anyone interested in the state of government in Britain.
Published just 9 weeks after the official election date, this is the first account of its kind to hit the shelves.
• Commentary and essays from leading Times political writers, including Matthew Parris, Ben MacIntyre, David Aaronovitch, Daniel Finkelstein and Ann Treneman, covering a great range of fascinating subjects and angles.
• Expert analysis of how Britain voted and why. Includes like-for-like comparison with the results of 2005.
• Inside accounts on why David Cameron embraced a full coalition with the Liberal Democrats and of Gordon Brown's decision to call off an early election.
• A personal account from Mattthew Parris on why his own parliamentary career failed, and advice on what an MP must do to be effective.
• A wealth of election statistics: which MPs have the most vulnerable majorities; new MPs; MPs by age, length of service, etc.
• Results by constituency: informed and pithy summaries of every MP; series of full-colour maps detailing election results across the nation.
• The coalition agreement in full.
• Bespoke cover illustration by award-winning political cartoonist Peter Brookes.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
The most definitive and authoritative guide to 2010's landmark general election.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description HarperCollins UK, 2010. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # P110007351585
Book Description HarperCollins UK, 2010. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. Annual. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0007351585