Help your students make those vital two levels of progress in Reading and Writing with this new KS3 series from Collins.
Each book concentrates on moving students up one level in reading or writing, covering each of the Assessment Focuses in turn.
These brand new books offer student-friendly explanations and activities to build, develop and extend students’ literacy skills, showing them precisely what they need to do to make progress.
Whether you're looking for a one-off lesson, snappy starters or a longer programme of study, these flexible resources are designed to fit around the needs of your teaching and your classes.
Aiming for Level 6 Reading will help you to
• Target areas of underperformance, with a chapter on each Assessment Focus and support at the right level written by experienced teachers and consultants.
• Explain, build and develop the essential reading and commentary skills for this level, with clear, accessible explanations, inspiring examples and lively follow-up activities.
• Motivate and engage students, with exciting stimulus texts, fresh approaches to learning and a colourful, magazine-like layout.
• Embed Assessment for Learning in your day-to-day teaching, with clear learning objectives, criteria for self and peer assessment on every double-page, and end of chapter Level Boosters to help students understand how to progress.
• Gather evidence for your periodic APP assessments, with longer tasks flagged up throughout as APP opportunities.
• Plan ahead without the stress, with ready-to-use double-page lessons and a teacher guide at the back of the book.
Plus, get your students ready for Functional Skills! These books will help you build the foundations for success in the new KS4 qualification.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
‘An ideal starting point for planning review lessons or for One to One tuition ideas. Good range of texts all linked to APP statements.‘
A. Butler, Amazon.co.uk
‘Overall, I love the concept of these books. As a school which is supposed to be leading on APP, I would find them very useful in terms of supporting individual students with curricular targets.’
Katy Wayne, Heathfield Community College
‘The Chapter Opener, Check Your Progress and Level Booster Features are wonderful’
Rav Bali, English Consultant, BoltonAbout the Author:
By Caroline Bentley-Davis, Najoud Ensaff, Steve Eddy, Matthew Tett, Gareth Calway and Nicola Copitch
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description HarperCollins UK. PAPERBACK. Book Condition: New. 0007313586 Nuevo! Fast delivery! Professional service with friendly customer support 7 days a week. Bookseller Inventory # 9780007313587
Book Description Collins, 2009. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0007313586
Book Description HarperCollins UK, 2009. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # P110007313586
Book Description HarperCollins UK, 2009. Paperback. Book Condition: New. New item. Bookseller Inventory # QX-225-68-5906005