our Life provides the only whole school solution for combining Citizenship and PSHE at Key Stage 3 and 4. The third editions of this bestselling series contains extensive materials on Economic Wellbeing and Financial Capability.
Building on the huge success of the second editions, each full-colour Student’s book has been completely updated to provide a range of age-appropriate stimulus material and engaging activities designed to develop student’s skills, knowledge and understanding in line with the revised Programme of Study and the National Framework for PSHE.
• offers a progressive, coherent programme for the Citizenship and PSHE throughout secondary school
• reduces preparation time with well-researched, balanced
coverage of a huge range of topics
• is ideal for use on a year by year or selective basis with a clear flexible structure and self-contained units
• offers masses of support for teachers including photocopiable activities and assessment material
1. You and your feelings - self esteem
2. You and your body - drugs and drugtaking
3. You and your resonsibilities - other cultures and lifestyles
4. You and your money - gambling
5. You and your values - where do you stand?
6. You and your family - divided families
7. You and your safety - at home and in the street
8. You and the law - the police
9. You and other people - friends and friendships
10. You and the media - the power of advertising
11. You and your time - making the most of your leisure
12. You and the world of work - employment and unemployment
13. You and your body - drinking alcohol
14. You and the community - the school as a community
15. You and your opinions - speaking your mind
16. You and your body - contraception and safer sex
17. You as a citizen - of the European Union
18. You and the world of work - understanding business
19. You and the community - taking action on the local environment
20. You and other people - older people
21. You and global issues - food and water
22. You and your achievements - reviewing your progress
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Your Life at Key Stage 3 will:
• save you time by supporting coverage of the PSHE and Citizenship curriculum in one timetable slot
• inspire confidence in your non-specialist teachers with a KS3 Co-ordinator’s file containing lesson plans for each topic
• ensure that you are covering the Programme of Study for Economic Wellbeing and Financial Capability, as well as Citizenship and PSHE.
John Foster is Britain’s leading author in the field of PSHEAbout the Author:
John Foster is a well-known anthologist and poet and has compiled several wonderful collections – WHAM BANG ORANGUTANG being one of the best known (OUP), and he wrote the poem of the title. He travels extensively to help promote his books.
Simon Foster is a teacher of Government, Politics and General Studies at an FE College in the West Midlands. A former Councillor and political campaigner, he has worked on elections in the UK, Croatia and the USA. He is currently based in Birmingham where he lives with his partner, Sarah and 3 lively cats.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Harpercollins Publishers, 2009. Paperback. Book Condition: Brand New. 112 pages. In Stock. Bookseller Inventory # __0007312466
Book Description Collins Educational. PAPERBACK. Book Condition: New. 0007312466 Nuevo! Fast delivery! Professional service with friendly customer support 7 days a week. Bookseller Inventory # 9780007312467