This A4 format road atlas with popular lie-flat spiral binding features clear, detailed road mapping, at a scale of 3.2 miles to 1 inch, with land height shown by attractive layer colouring. There are also a wide range of urban area approach maps at even larger scale as well as fully indexed street maps of 63 town centres.
This handy A4 sized spiral road atlas covers the whole of Britain at a selection of useful scales.Its size makes it ideal for use in the car as well as the home or office. Each scale of mapping is colour coded for ease of use from the smallest scale maps, great for route planning, to the main road maps and larger scale urban area approach maps to the largest scale town centre street maps to help locate your final destination.
The atlas includes:
• Route planning section including maps for long distance route planning, motorway services information and a handy distance calculator chart.
• Easy to use, clear road maps at a scale of 3.2 miles to 1 inch (1:200,000) for England, Wales and Southern Scotland and at 4.2 miles to 1 inch (1:266,000) in Northern Scotland.
• 21 urban area approach maps at a larger scale which clearly show the best routes through and into the busiest built-up-areas.
• 63 street maps focussed on town centres showing places of interest, car park locations and one-way streets. All the street maps are fully indexed.
• Fully updated fixed speed camera sites with the roads covered by average-speed cameras clearly highlighted.
• Locations of alternative fuel sites (LPG, Biodiesel, Bioethanol, Natural Gas and Electricty recharging points) as supplied by the Energy Saving Trust.
• Map showing the risk rating of Britain's major roads, courtesy of the Road Safety Foundation.
• World Heritage Sites located with contact details and brief descriptions.
• Over 30 categories of places of interest including castles, theme parks, sports venues, universities, mountain bike trails and surfing beaches.
• The top 1000 most visited places of interest are indexed with full postcodes to aid integration with satnav systems.
An ideal purchase for drivers, navigators and route planners who want the very best road atlas in an A4 format.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description HarperCollins UK, 2008. Spiral-bound. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0007272421