Everyone thinks they know the real Gordon Ramsay: rude, loud, pathologically driven, stubborn as hell. But this is his real story…
This is Gordon Ramsay’s autobiography – the first time he has told the full story of how he became the world’s most famous and infamous chef: his difficult childhood, his brother’s heroin addiction and his failed first career as a footballer: all of these things have made him the celebrated culinary talent and media powerhouse that he is today. Gordon talks frankly about:
• his tough childhood: his father’s alcoholism and violence and the effects on his relationships with his mother and siblings
• his first career as a footballer: how the whole family moved to Scotland when he was signed by Glasgow Rangers at the age of fifteen, and how he coped when his career was over due to injury just three years later
• his brother’s heroin addiction.
• Gordon’s early career: learning his trade in Paris and London; how his career developed from there: his time in Paris under Albert Roux and his seven Michelin-starred restaurants.
• kitchen life: Gordon spills the beans about life behind the kitchen door, and how a restaurant kitchen is run in Anthony Bourdain-style.
• and how he copes with the impact of fame on himself and his family: his television career, the rapacious tabloids, and his own drive for success.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
‘Gordon Ramsay’s Humble Pie – so exuberantly angry boastful, cliche-ridden, expletive-laden and touchingly sincere that I can’t believe that a single sentence has been written by anyone but the failed footballer, great cook, telly star and businessman himself. He’s the genuine bollocks, as he’s so fond of saying, and this is the tale of his personal class struggle.’ – The Observer
'Inspirational stuff.' Heat
‘A mesmerising tale. It reads like a conversation and exudes personality. Ramsay finds it hard to dodge the f-word, but despite the defensiveness that comes accross, the book is an inspiration.’ Irish ExaminerAbout the Author:
Gordon Ramsay has launched a string of internationally celebrated restaurants in London with ten Michelin stars between them, and has restaurants in Dubai, Tokyo, New York and Florida, with more planned.
The author of numerous bestselling cookery books and two autobiographies, Humble Pie and Playing with Fire, Gordon is one of the biggest television personalities in the UK with his hit shows, Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares, Hell's Kitchen and The F Word.
He was awarded an OBE in 2006.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Harpercollins Publishers, 2006. Compact Disc. Book Condition: Brand New. abridged ed edition. 5.67x4.96x1.02 inches. In Stock. Bookseller Inventory # zk0007248016
Book Description HarperCollins, 2006. Audio CD. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 0007248016
Book Description HarperCollins, 2006. Audio Book(CD). Book Condition: New. New item. Bookseller Inventory # QX-131-61-6724006