In full-colour for the first time, Cardwell, Clark and Meldrum’s best-selling introductory textbook brings together their fully revised coverage of AS-level and A2 requirements. An economical choice for AQA(A) students, and an invaluable resource for students on any A-level, Access or Nursing course.
This edition contains a number of new interactive features – Getting you thinking, Check your understanding, as well as Unit summaries and key terms. Also included are a number of exclusive ‘Expert interviews’ with leading psychologists to help stimulate students’ own evaluation skills.
The text is divided into eight main sections, providing comprehensive coverage of all compulsory and optional AQA(A) units:
• Introducing Psychology
• Human memory
• Attachments in Development
• Social Influence
• AS Research Methods
• Succeeding in the AS exam
• Social Psychology
• Physiological Psychology
• Cognitive Psychology
• Developmental Psychology
• Comparative Psychology
• Individual Differences
• Perspectives – including new units on Issues, Debates and Approaches.
• Exam preparation and coursework – including a complete sample examination paper, sample answers and examiner commentary.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Praise for the second edition:
‘An excellent core text … it covers the specification brilliantly and I like the question and sample answers’ section.’ Sarah Sawyer, Head of Psychology, St Augustine’s Catholic College
‘… I came out with a high A grade which I honestly didn't expect, and which is the result of studying your excellent book … [It] was clear, explained everything in a way in which I could understand, and somehow many facts and quotes just stuck in my head… the book was just a pleasure to study from … ‘ Judy, a student from LiverpoolAbout the Author:
• Mike Cardwell is a senior examiner for a major awarding body and Principal Lecturer in Psychology at Bath Spa University College. He has written and contributed to many best-selling resources, including Do Brilliantly AS & A2 Psychology (Collins), and is an editor of Psychology Review.
• Liz Clark is Head of Distance Learning at the Royal College of Nursing, where she develops and runs flexible learning programmes.
• Claire Meldrum is a practising teacher of A-level Psychology with experience of schools and FE colleges. Her other books include Instant Revision AS Psychology (Collins) and Do Brilliantly AS Psychology.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Collins Educational, 2004. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0007170432