Easy-to-follow 10 minute routines using the Pilates exercise ball to enhance your Pilates workout, from the bestselling Lesley Ackland. Used by Olympic coaches, ballet dancers and athletes to achieve optimal performance, this safe and effective exercise regime is also suitable for anyone wanting to get fit and toned, as well as pregnant women.
• Pilates is famous for being a safe and effective exercise regime that gives you long, toned limbs, great posture and amazing abdominal strength. The large inflated Swiss exercise ball, which is becoming increasingly popular, maximises the benefits of a Pilates workout and provides the perfect base for performing the graceful, strength-building Pilates movements.
• Pilates ball routines are used by Olympic coaches, ballet dancers and athletes to enhance performance. In this book, Lesley Ackland makes the techniques available to everybody whatever your level of fitness, with simple 10 minute routines that are easy to fit into your day.
• The Pilates ball method is especially popular with pregnant women due to the extra support it provides, and this book contains a special section dedicated to routines for birth and pregnancy.
• As well as increasing fitness, strength and stamina, the book contains exercises suitable for people dealing with back and neck problems.
• Pilates balls are readily available, and this book shows you how to get the benefits of this exercise programme without the need for expensive lessons or equipment.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
'Rediscover streamlined thighs and firm arms, banish saggy buttocks and flabby bellies...' DAILY MAIL
'The results: smoother, firmer, thinner anything. Whatever part of your body you want to work on, it can change its shape.' GOOD HOUSEKEEPING
Lesley Ackland is one of the most successful names in Pilates. She founded the highly acclaimed Pilates-based Body Maintenance Studio in London’s Covent Garden over 10 years ago, where she still teaches, and for five years worked as Remedial Exercise Consultant to the Birmingham Royal Ballet. The perfect advertisement for anti-ageing Pilates, she is the author of several bestselling Thorsons Pilates books, including 15 Minute Pilates, 10-Step Pilates and Pilates in a Box
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Thorsons. PAPERBACK. Book Condition: New. 0007166001 Ships promptly from Texas. Bookseller Inventory # HGT7571GAGG020717H0370
Book Description Thorsons. PAPERBACK. Book Condition: New. 0007166001 Never Read-may have light shelf wear-publishers mark- Good Copy- I ship FAST!. Bookseller Inventory # SKU000015226
Book Description Book Condition: Brand New. Book Condition: Brand New. Bookseller Inventory # 97800071660081.0
Book Description Thorsons, 2003. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 0007166001
Book Description Thorsons, 2003. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # P110007166001
Book Description Thorsons, 2003. Paperback. Book Condition: New. New item. Bookseller Inventory # QX-000-10-0805000
Book Description Thorsons. PAPERBACK. Book Condition: New. 0007166001 New Condition. Bookseller Inventory # NEW6.1010964