Simple advice and easy-to-follow self help programmes for all sorts of neck and back problems. Award-winning osteopath, Gavin Routledge motivates the reader to see a future without back pain, and helps them to get there.
60% of the adult population of the UK suffers from back problems. This book will show them that the key to managing low back pain is self-motivation and maintaining some level of exercise.
Self Help for Backs is a clearly laid-out, highly practical, non-text-heavy manual with photographs and line drawings demonstrating the exercises to take the reader through the recovery process.
Includes sections to explain:
• what causes neck and back pain
• what causes the different conditions such as lumbago, sciatica, muscle spasms, slipped and herniated disks, trapped nerves
• which back specialist to consult and what to ask them.
• how to use pain killers, ice, heat and lumbar support belts.
• bad posture; good posture – how to rebalance your posture.
• how to maintain gentle movement and build up slowly to exercise.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
'Conquer back pain for good'
80% of people suffer back pain at some stage, and too often the problem recurs, causing a great deal of inconvenience and pain. 'Self Help for Backs' shows how you can recover, completely, from back pain.
Using simple self-help techniques based on the principles of osteopathy, this highly effective physical therapy works in parallel with positive motivational strategies that take you on the path to recovery, ensuring your back problems don't wear you down.
'Self Help for Backs' includes:
• Lumbago – Sciatica – Muscle Spasms – Disk problems – Trapped Nerves
• Which type of back specialist you should consult and what to ask them
• How to use pain killers, ice, heat and lumbar support belts
Gavin Routledge was awarded a gold medal for Distinction from the British School of Osteopathy. He has practised in London, New Zealand and now runs a clinic, Edinburgh Osteopaths. He is a founding member of the Edinburgh Physical Therapies Forum. He first treated Gavin Hastings when he was suffering from a back problem in the 1994 Scotland vs S. Africa match.
Gavin Hastings is a Scottish hero, he suffered from back pain for 6 years until meeting Gavin Routledge.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Thorsons, 2003. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 7147449