This text covers all the material required by the Intermediate tier of GCSE Mathematics. The book applies maths to everyday contexts, building on the Foundation tier material. It includes: chapter summaries and revision checklists, which are related to GCSE grades; discovery activities; sample coursework tasks, complete with mark schemes by examiners; exercises, some with part solutions, and answers; and questions taken from "test papers" written by the NEAB Chief Examiner.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
'Mathematics For GCSE'
These three books cover all of the material required by the new GCSE syllabuses. They comprise short sections that provide useful short-term goals for pupils and allow teachers to match the books easily to their own course.
• Written specifically for the new GCSE syllabuses.
• Lead author, Brian Speed, is the Chief Examiner for NEAB.
• Exceptional support for Coursework and 100% terminal-examination Options (NEAB syllabuses A and B).
• Continual emphasis on developing mathematical skills.
• Full examination-style tests written by the Chief Examiner.
• Hundreds of exercises.
Throughout the books, maths is applied to everyday contexts and genuinely interesting situations in the real world.
'General Mathematics For GCSE'
• Supports students as they move from KS3 towards GCSE grades.
• Carefully builds on all of the Foundation material.
• Full coursework assessment.
Collectively, Evans, Gordon, Speed and Senior have over 100 years of teaching experience, both in the classroom and leading maths departments. They all currently hold senior positions within examining bodies and have been extensively involved in the development and piloting of new specifications.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Collins Educational, 1997. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 3224627