This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
Covers all 440 species. Text covers all taxonomic nomenclature, distribution, flight period, variation, habitat, behavior, life cycle, food plants and conservation.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
'Richard Lewington's illustrations are magnificent...Tom Tolman's text is excellent too' New Scientist
'the identification plates are without equal in any modern field guide to butterflies' P. J. de Vries, Centre for Biodiversity Studies, Milwaukee Public MuseumFrom the Back Cover:
EASY TO USE
· The ONLY portable illustrated guide to the butterflies of Britain & Europe.
· Covers 444 species, with each species fully illustrated with paintings of the male, female and all major forms, varieties and sub-species.
· Over 2,000 colour illustrations and 444 distribution maps – one for every species.
· Text covers all taxonomic nomenclature, distribution, flight period and variation and, uniquely, habitat and behaviour.
· written by one of Europe's leading butterfly experts, all the information has been researched for the book from original sources, and covers the whole of Europe and North Africa – ideal for the travelling naturalist.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Harpercollins Pub Ltd, 1999. Hardcover. Condition: New. Never used!. Seller Inventory # P110002199920