This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
HandiHikes is an innovative new range of 18 compact, waterproof hiking guides featuring 60 of the best walking routes in the Lake District. Each guide is printed on tough, durable plastic and includes:
- A carefully selected area of 1:25,000 scale Ordnance Survey® Explorer mapping data;
- A choice of 3 or 4 clearly annotated routes to suit your ability, or your mood;
- HandiHints for how to link up our routes to make your own;
- HandiLikes, including best viewpoints and our favourite places to eat or drink (very important after a day in the hills);
- Hints on navigation, if you need them;
- Practical tips for safer walking; and
- All this information on a single sheet which effortlessly folds away to fit neatly in your pocket, making it nice and easy to use on the hills.
Map 16 - Walk to Scafell Pike from Seathwaite
At 978m, Scafell Pike is the highest point in England. Although that's a good enough excuse, it's not the only reason to climb this giant. The panoramic vistas on the walk up and from the summit are awe inspiring. If you'd rather not take in the full trip, our Great End route is a worthwhile venture, and we've included a lower circular route for those days when your legs just won't wake up.
Map 16 gives you a choice of the following routes:
- Route 1 - Scafell Pike, 9 miles, 6 - 7 hours, Difficult
- Route 2 - Great End, 8.5 miles, 5 - 6 hours, Difficult
- Route 3 - Sprinkling Tarn, 6 miles, 3 - 4 hours, Moderate
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
(No Available Copies)
If you know the book but cannot find it on AbeBooks, we can automatically search for it on your behalf as new inventory is added. If it is added to AbeBooks by one of our member booksellers, we will notify you!Create a Want