This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
The second edition of the best-selling Religious Studies for Common Entrance is the authoritative textbook to prepare pupils for the compulsory sections of the Independent Schools Examination Board's (ISEB) Common Entrance Religious Studies examination.
Updated and revised to reflect the new syllabus, this book covers all the nominated Old Testament and New Testament texts through an investigative approach, providing active learning for the classroom as well as tasks for independent study and revision. For both the Old and New Testament texts Religious Studies for Common Entrance provides three components:
- Encounter: dynamic encounter with the Bible text itself, using a range of techniques including dramatic readings, story strips, and re-tellings.
- Understand: clear explanation of the background to the text and the key ideas and concepts underlying it, leading to engaging tasks to deepen understanding.
- Apply: connecting these ideas to contemporary moral and social issues. These range from the personal, such as how to deal with anger or resentment, to the global, such as the imperative to care for the environment.
Digging Deeper tasks are more challenging. Section 3 of the book, 'People and issues', profiles significant individual Christians such as Jackie Pullinger, Mother Teresa, and newly added, the work of A Rocha and Help for Heroes.
This Teacher's Resource Book provides:
- teaching notes and worksheets to support all the main enquiries in the Pupil's Book
- practice examination questions for all OT and NT texts
- study skills sheets to develop revision and examination skills.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Second edition of bestselling authoritative textbook preparing pupils for the compulsory sections of the Independent Schools Examination Board's (ISEB) Common Entrance Religious Studies examination.About the Author:
Susan Grenfell, an experienced RE teacher, is Head of Religious Education at St Hugh's Preparatory School, Faringdon. She is on the executive committee of the Independent Schools Religious Studies Association and she also runs prep school study skills courses.
Michael Wilcockson is the Chief Setter for Common Entrance Religious Studies and Head of Divinity at Eton College, as well as an established author of textbooks for GCSE and A level Religious Studies.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
(No Available Copies)
If you know the book but cannot find it on AbeBooks, we can automatically search for it on your behalf as new inventory is added. If it is added to AbeBooks by one of our member booksellers, we will notify you!Create a Want