In this impressive volume, music critic Paul Griffiths offers a succinct and comprehensive guide to the history, forms, and personalities of classical music. Here readers will find:
· Biographies of thousands of composers from Albinoni to Zappa, with in-depth treatment of major figures
· Coverage of individual works, including plot summaries of operas and ballets
· Articles on the history of music and instruments
· Entries on musical forms, from medieval plainchant to z contemporary minimalism
· Clear definitions of technical terms and jargon
· And much more
This is a must for all those interested in the colorful and complex universe of classical music.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Paul Griffiths, former chief music critic of the New Yorker and a regular contributor to the New York Times, has been writing about music professionally for more than thirty years and is a recipient of the Commonwealth Writers Prize.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Penguin Books, 2005. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0140515593
Book Description Penguin Books 2005-08-30, 2005. Paperback. Book Condition: New. 0140515593 We guarantee all of our items - customer service and satisfaction are our top priorities. Please allow 4 - 14 business days for Standard shipping, within the US. Bookseller Inventory # TM-0140515593
Book Description Penguin Books, 2005. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Never used!. Bookseller Inventory # P110140515593
Book Description Penguin Books. PAPERBACK. Book Condition: New. 0140515593 New Condition. Bookseller Inventory # NEW7.0964207