This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
This series will help medical students taking required clerkships achieve high grades on clinical performance on the wards and on written exams. There is currently no book out there to take them through the experience step-by-step. Each year medical students take required clerkships, and there is no book out there to take them through the experience step by step. This series will follow the successful First Aid format to present information relevant to particular clerkships, and each book will be divided into three sections to follow the "First Aid for the Clinical Clerkship" series format. Section 1: "How to Succeed in the Clerkship and Impress on the Wards," will give medical students tips on how to survive the clerkship and do well on the shelf exam? Section 2: "High-Yield Topics," will cover each core topic students need to know. Section 3: The third and final section, "Classified," offers overviews of appropriate web sites accessible to medical students and notes opportunities for students interested in pursuing careers in the particular topic of that book (such as scholarships). Last Page: Includes two tear-out pocket cards, which highlight important to remember concepts in a pocket-ready format.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
"The book is divided into chapters, each of which reviews major psychiatric topics that students are expected to master during their clerkship. Topics are listed under bold headings, with essential information below. Outside margins contain mnemonics, diagrams, exam tips, and other memory aids." "A thorough index is found at the end. A Folstein Mini Mental State Exam is provided on a removable card, another nice feature." "As Director of Medical Student Education for my department, I was interested in the appropriateness of this study guide. I showed it to a superior student who had recently completed her core psychiatry rotation, and her overall opinion was positive, as was mine. We both agreed that charts and tables would be an improvement. This study guide would greatly benefit students in their psychiatry rotation, and I plan on recommending it to my students." "4 Stars!"From the Back Cover:
- Succeed in the clerkship, impress on the wards
- High-yield topics
- Tear-out cards to help you on the wards
First Aid for the Psychiatry Clerkship
Quick Fix for the Clerkship
INSIDER'S GUIDE TO PSYCHIATRY CLERKSHIP SUCCESS
REAL ANSWERS TO CLERKSHIP QUESTIONS
- The only student-to-student, step-by-step guide to clerkship success
- Detailed how-to-succeed and what-to-study guidance from psychiatry clerkship vets
- Hundreds of recently tested high-yield topics from shelf exams and the USMLE Step 2
- Insider tips for outstanding performance from students who've been there
- 'Classifieds' do the research for you, featuring high-yield websites, top extracurricular opportunities, and scholarships
- Tear-out cards with essential wards information in pocket-ready format
A Student-to-Student Guide
- Discover med students' 'secret weapon' for the clerkship
- Get answers to shelf-exam questions from students who passed
- Save time with high-yield topics, mnemonics, and pocket-ready reminders
- Apply the First Aid formula for clerkship success!
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Appleton & Lange, 2002. Paperback. Condition: New. First Aid for the Psychiatry Clerkship (First Aid for the Clinical Clerkship) Brand new item sourced directly from publisher. Packed securely in tight packaging to ensure no damage. Shipped from warehouse on same/next day basis. Seller Inventory # 1111-9780071364201