About this Item
Quantity Available: 1
Title: Assistive Technology for Visually Impaired ...
Publisher: Springer-Verlag Gmbh Feb 2008
Publication Date: 2008
Book Condition: Neu
About this title
Equal accessibility to public places and services is now required by law in many countries. For the vision-impaired, specialised technology often can provide a fuller enjoyment of the facilities of society, from large scale meetings and public entertainments to reading a book or making music. This volume explores the engineering and design principles and techniques used in assistive technology for blind and vision-impaired people. This book maintains the currency of knowledge for engineers and health workers who develop devices and services for people with sight loss, and is an excellent source of reference for students of assistive technology and rehabilitation.From the Back Cover:
Equal access to services and public places is now required by law in many countries. In the case of the visually impaired, it is often the use of assistive technology that facilitates their full participation in many societal activities ranging from meetings and entertainment to the more personal activities of reading books or making music. In this volume, the engineering techniques and design principles used in many solutions for vision-impaired and blind people are described and explained.
· a new comprehensive assistive technology model structures the volume into groups of chapters on vision fundamentals, mobility, communications and access to information, daily living, education and employment, and finally recreational activities;
· contributions by international authors from the diverse engineering and scientific disciplines needed to describe and develop the necessary assistive technology solutions;
· systematic coverage of the many different types of assistive technology devices, applications and solutions used by visually impaired and blind people;
· chapters open with learning objectives and close with sets of test questions and details of practical projects that can be used for student investigative work and self-study.
Assistive Technology for Vision-impaired and Blind People is an excellent self-study and reference textbook for assistive technology and rehabilitation engineering students and professionals. The comprehensive presentation also allows engineers and health professionals to update their knowledge of recent assistive technology developments for people with sight impairment and loss.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Allgemeine Geschäftsbedingungen (abebooks.de)
der Firma Agrios Buch- und Medienversand UG e.K. ,Geschäftsführer Ludwig Meier, De-Gasperi-Str. 8, 51469 Bergisch Gladbach nachstehend als Verkäufer bezeichnet.
§ 1 Allgemeines, Begriffsbestimmungen
(1) Der Verkäufer bietet unter dem Nutzernamen Agrios Buch unter der Plattform abebooks.de insbesondere Bücher an. Die folgenden Allgemeinen Geschäftsbedingungen (AGB) gelten für die Geschäftsbeziehung zwischen dem Verkäufer und dem Kunden in ihrer zum Ze...More Information
Der Versand ins Ausland findet IMMER mit DHL statt. Auch nach Österreich verschicken wir nur mit DHL! Daher Standardversand == Luftpost!
accepted by seller
Check PayPal Invoice Bank/Wire Transfer